What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should i just exchange my ipad 2 for a new one to get ios4 back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tapmyapple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cause im sick if researching but it seems unless you have your ipad JB, you cant go back to ios4. Right now i cant even use my ipad cause safari (or any browser) keeps closing out of nowhere.

Sent from my sexy black iPad 2 using iPF

OP
T

Tapmyapple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
and if i do a restore on the new one im guessing it will automatically update the ios firmware as well wont it? If so then looks like ill have to add all my apps, settings, bookmarks one by one from scratch. Thanks a lot Apple, appreciate it!

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Its a desperation move but if you are within the Return Policy window and you arent happy then I would do it.

Go for it.

scott_R1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Something went wrong with your ios5 install. Do what is needed to fix it or return it for an iPad with a working ios5. Few people are having issues with ios5 including a iPad1 user (me).

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
in your app switcher, how many apps are there?

do a hard reset.

OP
T

Tapmyapple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tried it all, ios5 is a piece of garbage. seriously i cant be bothered wasting anymore time trying to figure it out.

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
not because its not working for you, its garbage....calm yourself until it is working properly.

if you are patient, we can help you get it working properly.

first of all, you have an iPad 2, if you had an iPad 1 then i could see issues, but the iPad 2 can handle this.

do you need the help?

OP
T

Tapmyapple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OMG!!!

Well this has been a complete joke. So I take my ipad back to exchange it, fine, no problem, get the new one...get home and it has dust under the screen so i take it back...again! Swap for another one and guess what...the new one has 2 scratches on the screen seen but only noticable under bright light. So I take it back AAAAGAIN but to another future shop. Then open another one on the spot in the store, and that one has a dent on the screen! WTF!!!! The future shop guys werent gonna let me open another and said they cant afford to but i managed to get to open one more. In store it looked fine, take it home just now and notice 2 dust specs under the screen. :mad: These 2 dust specs are tiny compared to the 3 massive ones on the first one i exchanged.

The future shop guys said im being too picky, am I? Maybe ill just live with this one as it has 4.3 on it

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I suppose so but you shouldn't have to put up with it! This is an expensive piece of equipment and I'm sure SJ wouldn't put up with it. Let's hope you are happy now.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
T

Tapmyapple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just dont get it, where is the quality control for ipad 2? i thought we were past the phase when they were first coming out? seriously....no reason anyone should have to exchange 3 times to find one thats good! And the one i have now still has 2 dust specs under the screen.

OP
T

Tapmyapple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Am I being too picky with my ipad 2 or would you be the same?

So I exchanged my ipad 2 this morning and ran into this completely unessecary circus. I thought the quality control of the ipad has been fixed since its launch?

- first ipad, has 3 big dust particles under the screen so i swap it out
- second ipad has 2 scratches on the screen and scratches under the screen in the corner so i swap it out....again!
- third ipad has a dent in the glass screen, could even feel it when i run my nail over it so i swap it out .....AGAIN!
- fourth one (which i have now) has 2 small dust specs under the screen near the left side. I havent even checked for dead pixels yet or backlight bleed or flashlighting or stuck pixels or uneven backlight cause its charging at home right now.

Im very dissapointed, having to make not 1, not 2 but 3 trips back to the store to swap it out. And my current one still has 2 dust specs under the screen, though theyre minor compared to the first ipad i had.

The store clerks were saying im way too over picky and even OCD about this and that i should just live with it. Im like really? Sure im embarassing myself by swapping out so many times but i dont care. Would you settle for a $600 device with a dent in the screen? Ya thats right didnt think so, so dont say i should just live with it. Do you think i am too picky?

Last edited:

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You are not picky, I would've done the same thing. My own is $1000+.
Just so you know though, although you bought elsewhere, you can also go to an apple store for any help.

If you have 4.3.3, that is jailbreakable.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts