What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should I jailbreak while warranty is still available?

Should I jailbreak?

• Jailbreak while warranty is available.

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • Wait till warranty expires.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

iNathanLite

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know whether to jailbreak my iPad while the warranty is still up. It expires in December so it has around 6 months left but just wondering what you guys think.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Remember, whilst your warranty is "techically" void if you are jailbroken, you can restore an iPad back to stock iOS at any time using iTunes. Apple has no way of knowing it was ever jailbroken and thus your warranty is magically restored.

The only thing you need to be careful of is not to return it to Apple without restoring it first. Simple and safe if you follow this simple rule!

If you decide to give it a go and ever get into trouble, just post a thread in the hacking section and we'll be happy to help.

Since this isn't actually a proper public poll (you are just looking for advice), I won't move it to the polls section just yet!

Last edited:
OP
I

iNathanLite

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Remember, whilst your warranty is "techically" void if you are jailbroken, you can restore an iPad back to stock iOS at any time using iTunes. Apple has no way of knowing it was ever jailbroken and thus your warranty is magically restored.

The only thing you need to be careful of is not to return it to Apple without restoring it first. Simple and safe if you follow this simple rule!

If you decide to give it a go and ever get into trouble, just post a thread in the hacking section and we'll be happy to help.

Thanks you :)

It's just I've been looking around the Internet about this and some say the restore and take to apple works but others says that apple can find out if the device has been jailbroken in the past even though the device has been restored.

Anyway I think I'm just going to take the plunge and jailbreak :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions