What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should I give up my search?

yvrgal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, stress. Of course I'm to blame for not jumping on the iPad2 online ordering right away. 4-5 weeks is my listed wait, but who knows really.

I've tried at the local stores (by the way, best buy now takes $100 up front and may be able to get you something "in a few weeks"...uh, no thanks). The last Apple Store blue-shirter I spoke with kinda giggled and said I should try lining up each morning. Hmmm, real people go to work to afford Apple toys, dude.

That brings us to the frustration that Apple has enabled, condoned, and continues to feed a gray market for this 'status symbol' device -- well beyond the interested and dedicated Apple user base. Whereas I wait 4-5 (yeah right) weeks, the gray marketeers gobble em up and spit em out.

Some thoughts:

1. How's about Apple "freeze" deliveries to the stores and fulfill the backorders of their loyal fans that will actually use the product? That would be a nice gesture.

2. I guess I could cancel my order and get one of those Xoom things when the WiFi version pops out. I can "probably" get it to do what an iPad2 will be doing for me. Is that punishing just me though?

3. How about giving iPad3 "pre-order privileges" to the folks that bought online and are waiting 4-5 (yeah right) weeks?

In summary, I'll likely just grin and bear it. Those folks that have time on their hands to stand in line every day, are willing to "pay gray premium", or are just plain lucky to grab one -- congrats i guess.

I loved when Apple was the underdog and cared about their loyal users. When the game is market share dominance instead of fan loyalty, oh well. Get more niche, Apple, and we'll still be here...well, at least for 4-5 (yeah right) weeks.

Did you just sign up as a new user to post this???

Amok

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@yvrgal - no, i didn't sign up 'just' to post my frustrations.

I *am* reading the forums to:
1) convince myself that patience (a virtue I don't have in much quantity) is going to be rewarded
2) learn of others experiences with the device as I didn't get the iPad "original"
3) read my crystal ball for if a iPad3 is due this fall (I wouldn't think so; however, this iPad2 is mainly a pre-emptive strike against Xoom to maintain market share dominance)
& 4) misery loves company, even if it attracts 'gloaters' too.

I've mostly been a mac user since i graduated from my 16KB TRS-80 model iii to the Mac II original, then a iici or something like that, then there are a couple more in there somewhere, then the iMac 24" 3.06GHz Core 2 Duo. Oh and my iPhone 3GS gets good use and is looking at being replaced this summer.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Amok said:

1) convince myself that patience (a virtue I don't have in much quantity) is going to be rewarded
2) learn of others experiences with the device as I didn't get the iPad "original"
3) read my crystal ball for if a iPad3 is due this fall (I wouldn't think so; however, this iPad2 is mainly a pre-emptive strike against Xoom to maintain market share dominance)

I've mostly been a mac user since i graduated from my 16KB TRS-80 model iii to the Mac II original, then a iici or something like that, then there are a couple more in there somewhere, then the iMac 24" 3.06GHz Core 2 Duo. Oh and my iPhone 3GS gets good use and is looking at being replaced this summer.

I can't help you with much there, except the misery and lack of patience, but I doubt that iPad 3 will come this year, everything i prefixed seems to come in yearly updates these days.

The Archangel

yvrgal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Amok said:

I see. Well, I hope you get the iPad 2 soon enough. I will be ordering online on the 25th. I'm not sure what the stores are gonna be like but I'm going to hit a non-Apple store.

Good luck.

Kingv84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tarkio said:
Stress? Gray market slave workers?? Do you shop at the at the Apple Store in Somalia??

The 2 pleasant hours I spent getting the upad2, with no stress or slaves in sight, was less waisted time than many here have spent posting, searching, and complaining about not having one.

But keep spreading the misinformation so the lines will be shorter when I buy the ipad3! :)

lol Somalia Apple Store is filled with iPad 2s. lol

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Amok said:
I loved when Apple was the underdog and cared about their loyal users. When the game is market share dominance instead of fan loyalty, oh well. Get more niche, Apple, and we'll still be here...well, at least for 4-5 (yeah right) weeks.

Given the huge demand for the device, no matter what Apple does there will be a lot of unhappy people, whether online or in the stores. On the other hand, if every self-declared 'loyal fan' came along expecting preferential treatment, where would you draw the line?

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tarkio said:
Stress? Gray market slave workers?? Do you shop at the at the Apple Store in Somalia??

The 2 pleasant hours I spent getting the upad2, with no stress or slaves in sight, was less waisted time than many here have spent posting, searching, and complaining about not having one.

But keep spreading the misinformation so the lines will be shorter when I buy the ipad3! :)

lol, give me the address of even one Apple Store in Somalia. lol

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tarkio said:

lol, give me the address of even one Apple Store in Somalia. lol

أبل المتجر​
:p

Most reactions

Latest posts