What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should I get a ipad that suits my needs?

markkirwan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone, My wife has a ipad and I was asked if I wanted one for a christmas present as I use my PC or laptop everyday. My question is can I get the same apps for the ipad that I use on my PC? Mainly Excel and watching tv (At The Races & Racing UK are a must). I have a virgin broadband hub.

any advice or help will be most welcome

Mark

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi everyone, My wife has a ipad and I was asked if I wanted one for a christmas present as I use my PC or laptop everyday. My question is can I get the same apps for the ipad that I use on my PC? Mainly Excel and watching tv (At The Races & Racing UK are a must). I have a virgin broadband hub. any advice or help will be most welcome Mark

If you really want/need the same apps as on your PC, better to get a windows tablet. There are iPad apps that can work on offices files, but there will never be as good as the real thing. If that is really your need, best to get the right device.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, My wife has a ipad and I was asked if I wanted one for a christmas present as I use my PC or laptop everyday. My question is can I get the same apps for the ipad that I use on my PC? Mainly Excel and watching tv (At The Races & Racing UK are a must). I have a virgin broadband hub.

any advice or help will be most welcome

Mark

Why don't you try using your wife's iPad for a day or so and see if you like it? There are many apps that can convert your excel programs from windows to iOS driven apps. However, I guess the question I would ask is whether your excel spreadsheets are so complex that it could only be done on a laptop/desktop? I use excel as well, but my uses are not as complex. They are simple spreadsheets that can easily be done on Numbers (part of Apple's iWorks productivity apps). Regarding the TV shows--I can watch a lot of our shows on my iPad, such as the ABC app. This allows me to watch the TV series "Once upon a time" in real time or if I missed a series and want to catch up later.

Hope that helps! ;)

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Why don't you try using your wife's iPad for a day or so and see if you like it? There are many apps that can convert your excel programs from windows to iOS driven apps. However, I guess the question I would ask is whether your excel spreadsheets are so complex that it could only be done on a laptop/desktop? I use excel as well, but my uses are not as complex. They are simple spreadsheets that can easily be done on Numbers (part of Apple's iWorks productivity apps). Regarding the TV shows--I can watch a lot of our shows on my iPad, such as the ABC app. This allows me to watch the TV series "Once upon a time" in real time or if I missed a series and want to catch up later. Hope that helps! ;)

I agree. There are so many apps and ways to do things on the iPad. Worst case, it doesn't work out and you get something else ;)

Most reactions

Latest posts