What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

should I do next "upgrade"?

Missmouse3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
when I upgraded my ipad 4 to IOS7 I was very disappointed with the way the machine ran. Ive ( unfortunately) just had to get used to things such as now dreadful battery life, poor wifi, dismal graphics so Im very wary of doing this new upgrade - V7.4? am I likely to find this restricts my use even more? Is it reversible if I hate it?
If only some hacker could come up with a way to return to OIS6! He would make a fortune!:thumbs:

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The updates leading up to 7.0.4 are mainly security issues or small bug fixes, and there's the addition of the iKeychain as well. Supposedly battery and several other issues will be fixed on iOS 7.1 which is due to be released in about 3 weeks or so.

It's possible to downgrade back to iOS 6, but the amount of exploits and vulnerabilities that have to be burnt to accomplish this is not worth the value of the exploits/vulnerabilities. Downgrading is only publicly released if there's a hardware exploit that makes it possible so that you won't have to burn exploits or vulnerabilities that can be used to devise a jailbreak method. Downgrading methods that are not hardware related or iOS related can be patched in a snap of a finger. If there was a permanent solution to downgrading, it would have been publicly released as a lot of users are not content with the iOS 6 to iOS 7 transition.

This explains in greater detail why it's not possible to install custom firmwares a.k.a. downgrading or IPSW jailbreak delivering

OP
M

Missmouse3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
ipad wont connect to itunes

this is first time ive tried to connect my ipad to my new pc. Its running Win7 instead of Vista as old one was. Ive downloaded latest version of itunes & it opens up ok but I can see no way to enable any options other than to buy music etc from the itunes store! Is there something I need to do on the ipad itself to enable all the options?

OP
M

Missmouse3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
oh dear!

i decided id dare to do the ios7. something upgrade which is supposed to fix a few of ios7's problems, I connected ipad to my pc via itunes ( which was a bit of fun in itself!) after an hour and a half i was informed my ipad was now in "recovery mode" which seemed to mean it wouldnt work any more! After another search about on my pc I found Id need to again connect to itunes & download some other function -reboot? anyway. eventually ipad worked again but now I find all the apps I had before have gone & I cant actually remember what ones they were!
Is ther any way to find this out? like is there some place all my previous settings could be strored? - like in windows restore? Grrrrrrrr! Apple!

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Missmouse3 - I have merged your posts together and moved your thread to our Help Forum as it's best for members to see your whole issue to be better able to help you.

Most reactions