Should Apple reconsider 7 inch?

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Alanfujii, Dec 4, 2010.

1. G.P

G.P
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ok fair enough. Personally I don't think Apple would create a 7" ipad unless the market clearly indicated that they'd prefer that size even to the current 9.7". Apple doesn't seem as much about adapting to the market, but making the market adapt to them. I'm just an 'outsider' though, not a hardcore Apple user so that may be somewhat of a baseless opinion.

2. Alanfujii

Alanfujii
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Looks like all this discussion might be a mute point if we can believe this article Apple prepares new camera-toting iPads: sources - Yahoo! News

If It's true then I believe it's the smart move. Although I'm not interested in a smaller iPad, I feel that this will cause the competition some problems.

3. STi

STi
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I have both and considering selling my iPad and just sticking with galaxy tab for now..I like my iPad but I like the tab more...The screen looks better and the resolution really sticks out when I switch...Not to mention you can customize it like crazy. As far as the size it don't bother me maybe an 8inch or 9inch..but the 10 inchers look too big...I like holding it in one hand easily.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. col.bris

col.bris
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    It is like buying a car some like small sporty 4 cylinder cars other want v8 coups that is what choice is about if the shoe fits wear it. No matter what tablet/ pad you purchase there will always be something or many issues with the product you don't like or wish you had. Me personally i tried to use a Telstra 7inch (australia)type tablet as i sell them in the retail store where I am employed, and found it awkward and sluggish to use compared to the iPad and I found the weight was around the same as the iPad. This is not a augment apple against android it is a personal opinion When google finalizes their os to support larger tablet sizes my views may change but frankly I cannot see Apple considering the 7 " format as it would impact their iPod touch sales. I also prefer apples iOS as it works across all devices seamlessly that I own including apple tv 2 iPhones and iPod touches not to mention my parrot in car system. I should point out the main stream buyers of computers and iPad's touch tabs and what ever do not modify what they get they use what is shipped as their needs are not the same as a " geek" or heavy user whom want to break unlock crack every thing that moves. As long as a manufacture of these produces make it simple that is all that matters and frankly that why the iPod iPhone iPad has been successfully. We will always have users that want more than devices can provide and that is why some users jail break products. If size is an issue to you buy what fits you best at the end of the day it's your choice.

#44 col.bris, Dec 11, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2010