What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shortcuts not working on ios8.1

Ingliside

iPF Noob
Reaction score
the shortcuts on my iPad Air are not working since upgrade to iOS 8.1. Tried all the usual reboot etc. anybody any answer to this ?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I also have an iPad Air on iOS 8, so;

I tested shortcuts in the Notes app, and it was not working.

So I went to Settings > General > Keyboards > Shortcuts and played around a bit: deleted a couple of older shortcuts that had reappear and created a new one.

When I went back to the Notes app shortcuts were working again.

Since you said a reboot did not work, I decided to do a reboot and check again. Sure enough the shortcuts stopped working. After some more experimenting I narrowed it down to having to actually create or edit a shortcut in settings before the feature starts working again.

Annoying.

I've sent feedback to Apple. Pretty close to exactly what I wrote here. Won't hurt for you to do the same if you want to bump the issue a bit higher on thier to-do list.

http://www.apple.com/feedback/ipad.html

Most reactions