What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Short Term Marriage Contracts

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Nope never saw significance of your name but now you mention it. I believe everyone should be allowed to marry whether straight or gay. Just don't get me talking about forced marriages

punkBarbie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is saddening how much marriage has lost its value in modern society. The legal part of it is really a very small matter, u can really do without it. I mean the fundamental part being the couple and the relationship. People need to not be so casual about it.
Quit makin it legal just so u can have guilt free hanky panky , get rich, gain some sort of notoriety. Those things are psychological and the mind can never understand matters of the heart. That's why love seems so stupid when u think about it. These days there are people in the 20s who have more than one divorces under their belts. Really? Especially women, not every guy who promises you the world will actually fulfill that promise.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is saddening how much marriage has lost its value in modern society. The legal part of it is really a very small matter, u can really do without it. I mean the fundamental part being the couple and the relationship. People need to not be so casual about it.
Quit makin it legal just so u can have guilt free hanky panky , get rich, gain some sort of notoriety. Those things are psychological and the mind can never understand matters of the heart. That's why love seems so stupid when u think about it. These days there are people in the 20s who have more than one divorces under their belts. Really? Especially women, not every guy who promises you the world will actually fulfill that promise.

For me, marriage is personal. It doesn't matter what other people do with theirs, because it doesn't affect mine.

As for the legal aspects of marriage, it's got plenty to do with the care and support of children, inheritance and property rights, rights that include making life-saving (or life-ending) medical decisions and much more. To dismiss all that seems illogical, especially while referring to people who take marriage lightly. Those people, and how they treat marriage, are what's irrelevant.

punkBarbie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
For me, marriage is personal. It doesn't matter what other people do with theirs, because it doesn't affect mine.

As for the legal aspects of marriage, it's got plenty to do with the care and support of children, inheritance and property rights, rights that include making life-saving (or life-ending) medical decisions and much more. To dismiss all that seems illogical, especially while referring to people who take marriage lightly. Those people, and how they treat marriage, are what's irrelevant.

Thanx for this clarification. I hadn't even thought about how far the law goes into it. I would love to get married some day soon and to someone who values that promise as well.

Chays

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

Luckily I'm 18, so still hopefully have a LONG time before I need to think about that, but till then I'm married to my iPad 2 :)

Regards,
Chays

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Marriage, politics, and religion, all evolved from our need to organize society with rules that will help us endure. As such, it becomes topics for debate. Short-term marriages, cohabitation, and free love are all great sounding buzz words until the question of responsibility comes up. Mature adults are willing to accept the fact that children do better with two parents that care and act like parents. Too many young adults think of a wedding as this great party, paid by others, and focused on making them the center of attention. They should view it as a somber affirmation of two people willing to put their trust in each other enough to tie their entire future to a combined life.

Most reactions