What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Short cut icon help needed

Lpatrick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there any way to create A shortcut icon or some other whatever to access web sites? I am handicapped and type with only one hand.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Absolutely!! Surf to the web page you want to create a short-cut to. On the menu bar, click on the little 'curly arrow' and select 'Add to Home Screen'.

Safari will add a short-cut icon to your Home screen. When you want to return to that page, just touch that icon.

I organise all my web short-cut icons into a single folder for easy access, or the Home screen becomes cluttered.

To do this, once you have a few short-cuts on your screen, press *and hold* any icon until they start to 'jiggle'. Now drag any short-cut icon to on top of another short-cut icon and 'drop' it there. Do the same for all the other short-cut icons that you want placed in that folder. The iPad automatically creates a folder where you 'dropped' the first icon and gives it a default name, which you can edit. When you've finished dragging all the short-cuts, briefly touch the jiggling folder with the default name and a text box pops up that you can edit.

To stop the icons 'jiggling' press the 'Home' button. If you want to change the name of this, or any other, folder - simply press any icon until they start to jiggle. Then briefly touch the icon of the folder you want to rename and the text box appears that you can edit. Touch the Home button when you're done.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions