1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Shoot DSLR tethered to ipad

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by cwbabcock, Jun 22, 2011.

1. cwbabcock

cwbabcock iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Is it possible to shoot my Cannon DSLR tethered to the iPad thru a USB cable and the camera attachment? I've read about using an Eye-Fi SD card, but can it be done with just a USB cable?
    Chuck
  2. Pocobear

Pocobear iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    I haven't seen an app like you described. There are apps that allow you to tether a laptop computer to the camera with USB, and then control the laptop with your iPhone or iPad, via wifi. The only reason I can think of that we can't tether directly to and iDevice is that Apple only allows programming API's from Apple, no third party API's allowed, and they don't have and API that will enable this function. (API = Application Programming Interface, an interface that allow programs to talk to the device hardware.)
    Doesn't appear to be much hope in this area, sorry. I would love to see this type of app happen myself.