What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SHIPPING IPAD MINi TO THE UK, HELP PLEASE.

jmr_1957

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Will hopefully purchase a 16 gb wifi and cellular to ship from the US in January, read some confusing comments with reference to cellular but reading the Apple website it seems that as long as I get a micro sim from one of the airtime providers here it shouldn't be a problem,currently only EE here are 4g but not sure about LTEcould someone definitely confirm what it will do here. Many thanks

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The US version is not compatible with UK LTE however yes it will work but only at 3 g speed. Purchase the wifi version and buy a portable MYFI 4 g router modem in Uk. We have the same issue in Australia. The iPhone 5 has 3 different versions world wide. You may however need to confirm this with Apple in UK

OP
J

jmr_1957

iPF Noob
Reaction score
image-700806826.jpg
Read on Apple website that if the mini iPad is set up for Verizon it will work on the EE network, similiar for some Australian networks,is this right? Thank you for the speedy reply.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That is correct, I did not know USA had two LTE networks which is why I provided the info. Are you sure it is unlocked ? The 4g standards are confusing to say the least

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk in Australia

Most reactions

Latest posts