What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shipment date moved up!! Anyone else?

blessed

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not sure if getting him the iPad2 was such a good idea or not. I forgot to mention in my previous post that it has wifi and 3G. He is REALLY enjoying it, so much that he's forgotten he has a family!! Now he wants the Otterbox for it. Which I think is a great idea considering he's not the most "careful" person I know.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

klarissa202

iPF Noob
Reaction score
paintently waiting

ordered: august 1st.
shipped: august 3rd.
expected delivery date: august 8

But it seems to be bouncing around in China.. EPZ, China to Chengdu, China to Shanghai, China. Just wondering is this normal?
& also... what other cities/states will it be scanned from? (I live in Texas)

klarissa20

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Louisville, KY, United States 08/05/2011 2:48 A.M. This shipment is warehoused until it is released by Clearing Agency.
SOMEBODY TELL ME WHAT THIS MEANS!!!

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Louisville, KY, United States 08/05/2011 2:48 A.M. This shipment is warehoused until it is released by Clearing Agency.
That generally means U.S. Customs clearance. Generally it's released in 24 hours or less depending on their workload. Enjoy your new iPad (as soon as it arrives anyway)!

klarissa20

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That generally means U.S. Customs clearance. Generally it's released in 24 hours or less depending on their workload. Enjoy your new iPad (as soon as it arrives anyway)!

Thanks! It's a Friday so maybe it will take a while.
I'm hoping it gets here before Sunday since UPS doesn't deliver Sundays.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Apple has always been extremely accurate based on a variety of products I've purchased from them...sometimes items arriving a day or so early. I'd say by Monday night you'll be happily tapping away on your new iPad!

klarissa20

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Apple has always been extremely accurate based on a variety of products I've purchased from them...sometimes items arriving a day or so early. I'd say by Monday night you'll be happily tapping away on your new iPad!

Aw ok. THANK YOU :)

AMANMA

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Obsessed

So, I thought I was being "over the top" obsessive - tracking my iPad2 shipment every hour or so as it makes it's way from China. It turns out that I'm just like all of you!! Can't wait to get my hands on it. I now know quite a bit about UPS (did you know that 5,000 packages per hour are handled in Anchorage Alaska through UPS?) and shipping in China is amazing. It's no wonder China is kicking our collective butts in the global economy. An interesting site I came across is "flightaware" (sorry, I'm a newbie so can't post links). My iPad2 will be extremely well travelled by the time I actually receive it.

All of my other Apple purchases have arrived on time.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So, I thought I was being "over the top" obsessive - tracking my iPad2 shipment every hour or so as it makes it's way from China. It turns out that I'm just like all of you!! Can't wait to get my hands on it. I now know quite a bit about UPS (did you know that 5,000 packages per hour are handled in Anchorage Alaska through UPS?) and shipping in China is amazing. It's no wonder China is kicking our collective butts in the global economy. An interesting site I came across is "flightaware" (sorry, I'm a newbie so can't post links). My iPad2 will be extremely well travelled by the time I actually receive it.

All of my other Apple purchases have arrived on time.
Welcome to the forum! There are a lot of great people here willing to lend a hand anytime. Often using the Advanced Search box (at the top of every page) will lead you to the answers you're looking for. If not, feel free to post a question in the appropriate area.

Please take a moment to view the information here to get the most out of your iPad as well as our forum:

Forum Rules - Please read
Hacking Rules - Please read
iPad for Beginners
Free iPad User Manuals
Download The Official iPad Forum App

Welcome again and enjoy!

Most reactions

Latest posts