What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sheer frustration with TMobile...now says phone can't tether...

Ilmbg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a prepay phone, a Galaxy Exibit II. When I got it about one year ago I asked about tethering. They said 'yes'. Now I have an ipad, and want to tether, as I have no Internet. Now TMobile says prepay phones don't tether!! Is there a way around this? I am so disgusted with TMobile!!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wolfpuppies3 said:
Never heard of a pre pay phone from any source being able to tether.

Mine does. I have a prepaid plan with my carrier and it includes unlimited free tethering, free FaceTime over cellular, unlimited texting, as well as unlimited data. All I need to do when WiFi isn't available for my iPad is to tether to my phone.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a prepay phone, a Galaxy Exibit II. When I got it about one year ago I asked about tethering. They said 'yes'. Now I have an ipad, and want to tether, as I have no Internet. Now TMobile says prepay phones don't tether!! Is there a way around this? I am so disgusted with TMobile!!

They probably did allow tethering when you asked a year ago, but that doesn't mean they won't change terms and offerings. When it comes to carriers, the only offerings that matter are the current ones, unless you're grandfathered. That would apply to all carriers.

Most reactions

Latest posts