What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharp Dramatically Slows Down 9.7-inch iPad Screen Production

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
4th_gen_iPad.JPG

Following on from the previous story about the iPad mini possibly cannibalizing full-size iPad sales, Reuters is today reporting that Sharp has pretty much “halted†production of screens for the full-size iPad. Reuters goes on to explain that Sharp’s iPad screen production plant in Kameyama, central Japan, is now only producing full-size iPad screens at the “minimum†level, just enough to keep the iPad line ticking over, in fact. The article goes on to talk of Sharp shutting down production and stopping shipment of iPad panels altogether, with an “extremely limited†level of screen output from Sharp. Neither Sharp or Apple have responded to Reuter’s request for comment, as you might expect, with Reuters giving several possible reasons for the dramatic slowing down of production, such as a seasonal fall in demand, Apple changing its screen supplier, a product update, or a shift towards iPad mini sales.

[FONT=&quot]Source: [/FONT]Exclusive: Japan's Sharp curbs iPad screen output as Apple manages inventory - sources - Yahoo! Finance

runningbear29

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is no over looking the fact, that the iPad mini has taken front stage as the fastest selling iPad. So I see soon the iPad mini will have the new Retni screen. Myself I am very happy with my iPad4, but I don't carry it around and it's always in my home when being used.

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, if they're dropping production of the iPad's displays this much, it's pretty clear the Mini is stealing sales from the full-size model. I've played with the Mini, but I prefer my iPad 3.

Most reactions