What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharing Files Between I Pads

mrholt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am going to be using six I Pads for my high school speech team, and we are going to create a database of current news.

What is the easiest way to save news articles as .pdfs, and then share them to a main file which we can all access?

The database will need to be on all six I Pads, as we are not allowed to access the Internet during competition. Thoughts?

Thanks,

Eric

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Dropbox. Before the competition, pull the file to each device.

- t

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To convert a web page to PDF in Safari you can use a 'bookmarklet' - a small piece of Javascript that will convert the web page to PDF.

Just create a blank bookmark and enter the text below - in its entirety - in the place where the URL normally goes.

javascript:pdf_url=location.href;location.href='http://pdfmyurl.com?url='+escape(pdf_url)

(sometimes, when I paste this bookmarklet into iPad Forum a spurious space gets inserted in the 'http' part of the bookmarklet. It shouldn't be there so, if you see it, you'll have to edit it out.

Now, when you want to convert a webpage to PDF, simply surf to the page you want to convert and select the above bookmarklet. Safari will convert the page to PDF and you'll then be able to save it in iBooks or another compatible app.

Tim
Scotland.

lvvikings

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One more question...Dropbox works great, except for the fact that I will not have connection to the Internet during competition.

Is there a way to get the files on the I Pads themselves?

Eric

Most reactions

Latest posts