What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharing book

elau

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recently purchased a book from Amazon.com and downloaded to my iPad 3. My wife is also interested to read the book but she uses an iPad 2 and she has her iTune account. Is there a way I can share the book with her without letting her use my IPad 3? I would much prefer she has her own copy on her iPad. Any help is appreciated.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can use the Kindle app on both iPads. Just sign in to the same Amazon account in the Kindle app and then your wife can put the book on her iPad2 (using the Kindle app).

Just a caution, however: if you both read the book at the same time, the syncing will be messed up. So, use bookmarks else your wife reqds past your point (or vice versa).

Marilyn

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
You can use the Kindle app on both iPads. Just sign in to the same Amazon account in the Kindle app and then your wife can put the book on her iPad2 (using the Kindle app).

Just a caution, however: if you both read the book at the same time, the syncing will be messed up. So, use bookmarks else your wife reqds past your point (or vice versa).

Marilyn

Excellent advice! I have done this between several mobile devices and it works great.

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My wife and I each have an iPad 3 and I have a mini as well. All three devices as well as our iPhones 4S and 5 are synced to the same iTunes account. Book on one is book on all five, ditto music, apps, and movies. I just selectively check that I do not wish on my device and vice versa.

Most reactions