What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

share internet ?

Mipad2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hello

will it be possible (i do not own an ipad '1') to share the internet i have on a win7 notebook with a usb 3g stick and share it via WIFI to the Ipad2 ?

this is just a scenario i would like to know better :)

ty in advance

Reaction score
From my experience, it is not possible, or rather it is tedious and not portable.

Now, on you Win7 laptop, you can create an Ad-hoc network and after creating it, windows asks, whether you want to share the internet connection. However, the iPad does not connect to Ad-hoc networks. So this will not work directly.

You would have two alternatives:
-Find a software, which lets you create Infrastructure wireless networks on windows 7. (i know of known which does this)
-Setup a wireless router or Access Point, join the wireless network with your laptop, then share the internet connection, and lastly join the network with your iPad. (you are limited to use this at home)

But I would be glad to find out, if there are better solutions out there.

Last edited:

Most reactions