What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shapes in Sketchbook Pro

Casey_B

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, all.

I hope you're well. This may be a daft question, but I can't draw shapes in Sketchbook Pro. I get the dashed line, take the stylus off the screen when it's my desired size, and my shape-to-be disappears. Does anybody know what's going on? Doesn't work with my finger, either.

Many thanks,

Casey

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, I can't replicate your issue (I get shapes when I draw them). So, here's some ideas to check:

(1) When you select a shape, it will draw based on the colors (and opacity, "fuzziness," etc.) you select with the pen tool. See this picture to get in mind what I mean:

e4aparud.jpg

So, just make sure your "ink" color isn't white or opaque...?

(2) Another though is - maybe you've got a layered picture and you're drawing on the bottom layer with the top one showing? Dunno 'bout this - but it's a thought. :)

I'll think of other things that might cause this - but hopefully you'll get it sorted. Sorry for your issue.

Marilyn

OP
Casey_B

Casey_B

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Haha...accidentally had the opacity near maximum. Thanks for the help, and sorry to waste a thread on this!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Haha...accidentally had the opacity near maximum. Thanks for the help, and sorry to waste a thread on this!

Whew! Glad it was an easy fix.

And, no thread is a "waste" when a person needs help. And, your solution/fix may benefit anyone else who may come along later with the same issue.

On this forum, there really IS no wasted (or stupid) question. We're all here to help each other out.

So, you're good. :)

Marilyn

Most reactions