What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shane

shanewhite

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am new to iPad and looking to buy a 16Gb iPad 2 for my daughter, is the storage suitable for music, movies etc.

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It all depends on your economic situation and on how much movies and music she's going to download. If money isn't a problem a 64Gb model would be sufficient,if it is than I would go for either the 16 or 32 models.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Shane and welcome to the Forum!

16gb is fine but movies take up a lot of space, so if she wants to keep a few movies on it, the 16gb may not be a big enough storage option. Although she can store the movies on a PC/laptop and just download them to the iPad when she needs them.....it's all about controlling the content on the iPad at any given time.

As iJamesH has said, if you can afford it, a bigger storage iPad would be much better with less content management to do regularly.

Many members here only have the 16gb and are happy with the size, we also have many members who wished they had bought a larger storage iPad as you cannot add storage to an iPad after market. It's all a personal thing and what you want to use your iPad for, but if it's movies, I would go for a larger capacity.

Most reactions