Shameless Promote Your Book Thread

Discussion in 'iBooks' started by davidhburton, Apr 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ipadluva69

ipadluva69
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Hi Everyone! Here is your next fantastic short story, it's out on Amazon right now. Please go and check out the awesome and phenomenally done cover art - with this alone, you will be intrigued. Please give me your feedback on the interest that you would give this book based on what you have read, and seen. Thanks so much!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/1475919883/ref=sib_dp_pt/191-5273242-2387538#reader-link

Book Description
    Publication Date: June 5, 2012
    Years ago, the Order of Virtues waged war against God's angels. It began when the archangel Michael was summoned to a disturbance-a disturbance that soon turned into an ambush. The Order of Virtues, however, was defeated, despite their surprise attack. They were banished to Earth, where they now wander, infecting human souls with evil. Atnis Trepe is a young man back in his old neighborhood, there to take care of some family business. Soon, strange things begin to happen. Atnis feels as though he is being watched. He has terrible dreams-possibly visions, though he can't be sure. Then, he discovers a mysterious winged dagger in his coat pocket. How did it get there, and who did it belong to? Meanwhile, members of the Order of Virtues are in no way resigned to their lives on Earth. They want to challenge Heaven to another battle, but to do so, they must find the "Sword of Glory" which they believe will enable their victory. Atnis has no idea that he is the only thing standing in their way-and that soon he will become a supernatural force to be reckoned with.

Editorial Reviews
    About the Author
    H. D. Doyle received a certificate in computer-aided drafting and worked in the technology field for thirteen years. He is a martial arts practitioner of over twenty years who competes in tournaments around the United States. He is a husband and the father of two in Joliet, Illinois.

Product Details
    Paperback: 132 pages
    Publisher: iUniverse (June 5, 2012)
    Language: English
    ISBN-10: 1475919883
    ISBN-13: 978-1475919882
    Product Dimensions: 8.5 x 5.5 x 0.3 inches

iPad 3 user

Attached Files:

#181 ipadluva69, Jul 1, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2012
  2. MoonlitSonata

MoonlitSonata
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    This looks so good!

3. ipadluva69

ipadluva69
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Thank you so much for your feedback! So gracious of you.

iPad 3 user

4. Libbyfh

Libbyfh
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    New Author to Some; Very Old to others...

Hi, all. I am new to the forum, mainly because I JUST finished uploading most of my crime fiction novels (there are 9) and short stories (over 20) to the iBookstore. They include 3 of my 4 Ellie Foreman mysteries:

ellieteaser.jpg
    A PICTUREOF GUILT

AN IMAGE OF DEATH
    A SHOT TO DIE FOR

All 3 Georgia Davis crime thrillers:
    trilogy-175.jpg
    (You can get them separately as well)

Plus one of my 2 stand alone thrillers:
    9780984067688.100x100-75.jpg
    SET THE NIGHT ON FIRE

Most are also on audio, including my most recent novel, A BITTER VEIL, which you can find on iTunes. cover.100x100-75.jpg

And as soon as I have 3 messages posted, I'll be able to ad links.:) (As you can see, I now have 4 messages up.) Yay!

Libby Fischer Hellmann

#184 Libbyfh, Jul 4, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2012
  5. Sebastian Michael

Sebastian Michael
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for this thread.

May I, then, offer this:

Angel-eBook-Cover-01-SMALL-OPT.jpg

ANGEL
    Novel
    by Sebastian Michael

"A delight to read. So delicate, casually cruel, wickedly funny and wildly alluring."
    - Stephen Fry

Damion is a boy who is so beautiful that everybody falls in love with him. This, his greatest advantage in life, gradually turns into his heaviest burden and so as he reaches adulthood, Damion, in an act half wanton, half heroic, destroys what for most people - but not for him - has come to define his essence. - A classic tale of a young man seeking his destiny.

The following description by Alana Jelinek, author of Ohm's Law, is taken from the back cover of the original hardback edition:

"Sebastian Michael's novel, 'Angel', is a great achievement; beautifully written and thoroughly engaging.

At face value it is the story of a young man so beautiful that 'anyone who met him fell instantly in love with him'. His emergence from boyhood is described with an astonishing sympathy for the experience of adolescence. The author has a great gift for subtle and commanding characterisation, one result of which is our developing appreciation of the burden of beauty on the 'hero' of the tale and all who come into contact with him. Events are beautifully described with a perspicacity for place and sensation.

On another level, 'Angel' can be read as an allegory of a society concerned largely with the superficial. Here value is determined by Beauty and the consequence of a great surfeit in power created by fundamental inequalities between people is explored in the trajectories of human lives. 'Angel' raises questions of responsibility and agency, as those privileged by society try to claim some responsibility for what appears to be pre-determined lives. We are asked to consider to what extent we can be responsible for the impact of our existence.

'Angel' is compelling and curious, an intelligent inquiry and a sensual pleasure. Its characters and their experiences feel immediately real and they also resonate over time remaining with the reader: so true is the author's ability with narrative and character. With 'Angel', Sebastian Michael has produced a novel that is a pleasure to read, that has depth and detail, and that raises some of the important questions for the contemporary moment. The ultimate meaning of 'Angel' will be a subject of debate between readers, as is inevitable with a novel that works so well on many levels."

Now on iBooks:
    iTunes - Books - Angel by Sebastian Michael

Attached Files:

6. ipadluva69

ipadluva69
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Looks promising, but not as much as mine. Thank you for sharing.

iPad 3 user

7. robh91

robh91
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Hi :) feel free to check out my Short Story on the iBookstore / ( only suitable for fans of Horror and Paranormal stories/ not for kids!! )

Title: Shadows

Author: R.A. Harris ( search iBookstore for author name for quick access )

Price: 0.99p/cents/euros/ any other currency it's sold in :)

Plot: Stalked by a shadow figure and haunted with nightmares that seem real, Sarah Fraser has been sentenced to life in a mental institute for the murder of her two best friends. When the figure begins to invade her every thought, the lines between what's real and what's not begin to merge, causing her to fear for her life....

Thanks if you decide to have a read and hope you enjoy it as much as i enjoyed writing it :)

8. JohnDwyer

JohnDwyer
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Wow, great review from Stephen Fry, well done Sebastian. How are your sales going?
    John

9. janstack

janstack
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I have recently illustrated two children's books. Both have a preview available in the iBookstore and I would appreciate any suggestions concerning promotions. The first "Ookie!" written by Emily Stoll was first published in March 2012 as a hard copy. The second "Otters in the Attic" written by Valerie Johnson was designed as an ebook from the beginning. I created all the illustrations for the otter story using a Wacom drawing tablet.
    I'm taking the thread title at its word!:eek:

10. Lovemy_IPAD

Lovemy_IPAD
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I'm not an author, but I will surely check out some of the books that you guys are recommending just because I love reading on my Ipad I don't kno if I'm in the wrong thred, but here are some great life changing material that I reado far and these are great for personal improvement and to help you get through in life and improve.. think I got these books either on smashwords, or Amazon not sure caus eI get ebooks from everywhere on the web, but feel free to check out "How to overcome fear, and start living fearless" that book is amazing and it will make you look at life differently and help you out greatly! Also check out "As a man thinketh" and "Unleashing the power within" but "How to overcome fear, and start living fearless" is a must read out of the all three!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.