Shameless Promote Your Book Thread

Discussion in 'iBooks' started by davidhburton, Apr 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarelRex

DarelRex
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    How the Kwinch Tricked Starbucks!!

How the Kwinch Tricked Starbucks!! By Professor Rex!

A humorous parody of Dr. Seuss's classic Christmas story.

(Not affiliated with nor endorsed by Random House Inc., Dr. Seuss Enterprises L.P., or Starbucks Corporation.)

Available for purchase today for a measly $3 at: iTunes - Books - How the Kwinch Tricked Starbucks by Darel Rex Finley
    Probably less than your favorite fancy coffee drink. ;)

HowTheKwinchTrickedStarbucks.jpg

Hope you like it! :)

2. dougrogers

dougrogers
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    The Cat Book is a collection of sketches from various iPad and iPod art apps:

20 landscapes IV is a collection of ad created, imagined and remembered landscape images

http://wp.me/P38YJ-Qm

#152 dougrogers, Nov 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2012
  3. Frankfiore

Frankfiore
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    The Enhanced eBook Version of Cyberkill is Now Released

CyberKill Cover.jpg

The enhanced eBook version of
    Cyberkill is now released.

Cyberkill
    is available as an Enhanced digital mobile app on the iPhone®, iPad® and Android™ mobile devices including the Kindle Fire and the NOOK™. So if you have portable devices that run on those two platforms you can download the entire advertising-supported Cyberkill enhanced digital mobile app for FREE !!. That’s right, FREE !!

You can turn off the ads at any time via in-app purchase for $4.99.

For more background and info on CyberKill – the enhanced book – go xxxxxxxxxxxxxx and at XXXXXXXXXXXXX

The new features available in the Enhanced digital app version of Cyberkill, many of which have never been seen in a digital book before,include seamless switching between the text version and a full audio version of the story, evolving synopsis, character lookup and biography, dynamic links to incorporate the power of the web into the book, sharing through social media and email, bookmarking, recorded annotations, author videos and commentaries, and author interaction.

Why did I want Cyberkill converted into a digital app? I wanted to share a story with as wide an audience as possible, using whatever narrative tools were at my disposal. I was really excited about releasing the Cyberkill Enhanced digital app because it allowed me to add elements to the story that would have been impossible in a traditional eBook. This new technology creates a new way for authors and readers to approach books that enrich and extend storytelling, and I’m hoping readers will like what we’ve created.”

In short, readers now can ‘experience’ a book and not just read it.
    Download the app and experience the future of digital publishing. Please add a review in the Android market or Apple App Store after you you’ve experienced the book.

And Remember:
    You can still purchase the dead tree version of Cyberkill or the traditional e-book version for your Kindle, or Sony Reader.

#153 Frankfiore, Dec 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2012
  4. dougrogers

dougrogers
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    That's 'iPad created'...

#154 dougrogers, Dec 1, 2011
  5. KL

KL
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    WATERBURY: "Great psychological suspense...couldn't put this down!"

How have your holidays been so far this year? For the family is this novel, well, things could be better. If you love reading crime novels, you won't want to miss this!
    [HR][/HR]new cover-waterbury-ebook-hi-res-final(slightly smaller).jpg
    iTunes - Books - Waterbury by Katia Lief

What readers are saying so far:
    Great read
    This author writes a great mystery. Moves right along. Have read all her books and have love them all
    Great read
    Really great short read for a cold wintery night
    Suspenseful to the max
    Very good mystery, I love the writing style of this author. [/b][/color]She brings depth to the characters and develops a very realistic storyline that kept me on edge. Loved it.
    Loved this!
    Great psychological suspense...couldn't put this down
    Great book, especially for the holidays!
    This really suspenseful thriller revolves around a family at the holidays. The plot builds to a boil in this exciting book.

See more at Edited by Moderator - No external links

#155 KL, Dec 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2011
  6. GI3

GI3
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Hello everyone, my name is Charles. I'm a longtime fan (20 years +) of the gorgeous Green Iguana. I live in the Caribbean and get to admire them "in the wild" pretty often. Have been taking pictures of them for the past two years or so. Earlier this year I was inspired to make a digital photo book starring Iguana Iguana. It's called "Green" and is now available in the iBookstore. It's my small tribute to these awesome reptiles and their fascinating habits and personalities. Hope everyone that purchases thoroughly enjoys the experience. All the best for 2012 to Forum members and viewers, and especially to all fans of the Green Iguana. To see it just navigate to my iPF username.

#156 GI3, Dec 28, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2011
  7. Code9

Code9
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    As a book cover designer I just have to say, "Fabulous covers, David!"

8. Code9

Code9
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Whew! After 3 years of work I've finally finished and released my 2nd novel on Kindle!:D
    Ash: Return Of The Beast - Kindle, $3.99

Ash: Return of the Beast is an occult mystery-crime-thriller, a work of fiction based on a little known factoid about the death of Aleister Crowley (1875-1947), the notorious occultist the British press once called "The Wickedest Man In The World".

Crowley’s body was cremated but the whereabouts of his ashes has remained a mystery… until now.

This diabolical tale carries the reader through a series of the most curious (and sometimes unsettling) events spanning the years from 1947 and the death of Aleister Crowley to the 1990s and the coming-of-age (and eventual stardom) of a "death-metal" rocker named Rodney Duckworth.

The time-line shifts to the present day where Brian Kane, a gruff and gritty, street-worn Seattle Police Detective, reluctantly teams up with the mysterious Rowena Ravenwood, an attractive female FBI agent. Their task is to figure out why good, healthy, God-fearing preachers in their fair city are suddenly dropping dead.

What are those strange symbols branded onto the bodies of these hapless victims? Are they all part of some bizarre cult? No eyewitnesses. No fingerprints. Is it really murder? Where’s the evidence? And what is the disturbing secret that Detective Kane is holding so close to his chest?

The investigation catapults Kane and Ravenwood headlong into life-threatening situations as they wind their way through the strange, dark labyrinth of the world of the occult and find themselves battling the powerful forces of ritual magick.

Problem is, the clues to help solve the case are in terribly short supply. Worse yet, so is the amount of time left to stop the mysterious killer's reign of terror before all Hell breaks loose. And – according to Special Agent Ravenwood – that’s not just a figure of speech.
    •••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
    Rated PG-13+ for strong language and some implied sexual content of a violent nature. Note: the sexual content is implied as opposed to graphic. It is not included as a gratuitous element. Rather, it is specific to the background of one of the primary characters and his personal development as well as to an aspect of certain elements of what is known as "ritual magick", one of the key elements woven into the storyline.
    •••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

REVIEWS:

Riveting Occult Crime Thriller
    5 out of 5 stars *****
    Review by Rai Aren, co-author of the award-winning novel, Secret of the Sands

Ash: Return of the Beast is a dark and compelling journey into the world of magick and the legacy of Aleister Crowley. The author has done excellent work in researching the life of the occultist, once called "The Wickedest Man in the World", and the world of dark magick. It is a very interesting read for those aspects alone, but more than that, it weaves a modern occult thriller, that contains shocking elements, with historical facts for a truly unique, fast-paced tale that commands the reader's attention and doesn't let go for a moment.

The story weaves effortlessly back and forth between the work of the detectives and the FBI, and an enigmatic rock star and his death-metal band Mega Therion, as a serial killer unleashes an intense rage upon members of the priesthood. Demonic forces rise as practitioners of dark magick summon them forth. The story is descriptive, unforgiving, and disturbing, as it races along a perilous course to a shocking ending.

Ash: Return of the Beast will appeal to anyone with a fascination with the occult, the paranormal, murder mysteries and police procedurals. The colorful main characters, with deep secrets of their own, bring the reader along on a macabre journey that spirals outwards to all kinds of intriguing places. From rock 'n roll to the very depths of the underworld itself, Ash is a wild ride into a shadow world you won't soon forget. Brilliantly conceived and executed - I couldn't put it down!

•••••••••••••••••••••••
    ASH: RETURN OF THE BEAST
    Review by Bob Freeman
    4 out of 5 stars ****

Gary Val Tenuta has written an entertaining occult thriller in Ash: Return of the Beast. Populated with interesting characters, particularly Special Agent Rowena Ravenwood and Detective Brian Kane, Ash is an exciting story with plenty of atmosphere and a compelling narrative. The author did his research but chose to write the story with broad strokes as not to alienate the general reading public. Focusing on the more sensational aspects of the notorious history of Aleister Crowley will not win him any love from students of the celebrated magician, but in the context of the story as written, it works. Here, Crowley appears as a caricature of himself, more like Wheatley's Mocata or Maugham's Haddo, than as the more complex individual he was. Still, anyone with a thirst for occult detective stories and supernatural thrillers will find this one a worthwhile roller-coaster ride.

Bob Freeman

Attached Files:

#158 Code9, Dec 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2014
  9. HW1

HW1
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

Fill your sails and begin an odyssey that will take you beyond the reach of time and tide forever in Hobb Whittons' Award Winning, action-packed fantasy, 'Tales of the Pahleen: Blue Fire Burning'.

iTunes - Books - Tales of the Pahleen: Blue Fire Burning by Hobb WhittonsiTunes - Books - Tales of the Pahleen: Blue Fire Burning by Hobb Whittons

Demonic forces are tearing Wadjamaat's three realms apart, and the planet's telepathic guardians, the Pahleen, are running out of time.

With Nocturnia and her goblin hordes bleeding the life-force from his world, King Kilron finally solves the riddle set long ago by the evil sorceress but there is a 'sting in the tail' ... and it's human.

'Blue Fire Burning is a work of high fantasy ... an admirable and engaging book that should delight readers of all ages... a deserving recipient of our Young Adult Book of the Month Award.'
    Fantasy Book Review

[​IMG]

'Blue Fire Burning is entertaining and clever and smart and charming ... there are lovely flights of imagination and description, with games and excitement ... '
    BookLore

'Hobb Whittons has created a cast of inventive and colourful characters in his engaging fantasy novel, Blue Fire Burning...
    The curtain opens on two amusing and devious goblin men, Grot and Mouldy, who as you may expect, set the scene by their names alone, for this fast-paced ride. Enter the Dark Mistress and King Kilron and his telepaths - the story is never dull for one moment!
    Once again, the traditional mainstream genres are challenged by the Indie authors; a brave and topical move. All credit to Hobb for combining his magical and mysterious fantasy with humour, romance and adventure. Lovely to see a carefully published ebook, showing how much time and trouble the author has taken with its production.'
    Simon & Schuster bestselling author,

Carol Rivers

[/B]
    [​IMG]

Blue Fire Burning's Hahmi and Wolf
    , as drawn by Cambridge artist, Sarah Dawes

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking, Hobb
    :)

Attached Files:

#159 HW1, Jan 11, 2012