Shameless Promote Your Book Thread

Discussion in 'iBooks' started by davidhburton, Apr 6, 2010.

1. davidhburton

davidhburton
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Read An E-Book Week price for Scourge and The Second Coming is 50% off with code: RAE50 at Smashwords.

Happy Reading everyone!!

#111 davidhburton, Mar 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2012
  2. mossman

mossman
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Pieces of the Empire - now 99 cents at the iBookstore!

I'm discounting my book, Pieces of the Empire, Book One in anticipation of the release of Pieces of the Empire, Book Two which should arrive at the iBookstore by June of this year.

You can find out more about this series by visiting jlmoss.info.

Attached Files:

3. LD

LD
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    #1 Bestselling Photo Essay & Artist Biography in 2010&2011 on Amazon is .99 in March!

GIVE THE GIFT OF INSPIRATION & WISDOM...

The #1 Bestselling Photo Essay & Artist Biography in 2010 on Amazon, 25 Lessons I’ve Learned about Photography...Life!, is on sale in March for .99 cents and is now available with 25 Spectacular New York City street photos. It is the perfect gift for your favorite photographer, aspiring artist, job seeker, soul searcher or anyone who just needs a little inspiration.

25 Lessons is available on Amazon in paperback and as an e-book and can be given and received by anyone with an e-mail address. Electronic books can be read either on Kindle or on a PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, BlackBerry, or Android Phone. 25 Lessons is also now available as a Google eBook, which can be stored and read online. Currently available in English, Italian, French and Portuguese. Spanish version coming soon!

For More Information: 25Lessons.com

4. spreardon81

spreardon81
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Hi everyone, I'm Sean Patrick Reardon, a writer from Bostom Mass. My crime thrilller novel "Mindjacker" is available in the iBookstore for only .99 cents. I look forward to joining in the fun around the forum.

Description
    When wealthy Russian mobsters contract L.A psychologist Joel Fischer to develop a device to manipulate minds, the DreemWeever exceeds all expectations. Everything is on track for delivery and a big payday, until two adventurous stoners steal his Dodge Challenger that, unknown to them, contains the DreemWeever in its trunk. Fischer and his crew have two days to get it back or he dies.

Latest Review
    Morality Tale In A Tornado- Great ride. Like a combination Tilt-A-Whirl and Wild Mouse . . . in the dark . . .with really great music . . . and, oh yeah, your arms and legs get sucked off your body. The back story has the subtle flavor of some great movies: the original Manchurian Candidate, The Parallax View and the original Invasion Of The Body Snatchers. If this all sounds confusing and scary -- you're right. Read it, but make sure your chin strap -- and athletic supporter -- are cinched down double tight. Like I said,it's one helluva ride.

#114 spreardon81, Mar 20, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2011
  5. Simon Wood

Simon Wood
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I have two new titles available at the iPad bookstore now:

Paying the Piper:
    The Piper is the Bay Area’s infamous child kidnapper. When the Piper selected crime reporter, Scott Fleetwood, to report on his latest child kidnapping, Scott thought he had the world in his grasp, but he held nothing. Scott had been duped by a wannabe. By the time the FBI exposed the hoaxer, time had run out, leaving the real Piper only one course of action—to kill the child. With a murder added to his résumé, the Piper vanished leaving Scott to take blame from the public and the investigating FBI agent, Tom Sheils. But now, eight years later, the Piper’s back, with very specific targets in mind—Scott’s young children. Scott can have his children back as long as he can pay the ransom. The hard part is that ransom isn’t measured in dollars, but in blood.

Some debts can’t be repaid...

“Wood keeps the pages flying, even as his plot gets more and more complex, accelerating nicely toward an elegant climax.â€
    — Publishers Weekly

"Revenge fuels Wood's fast-paced thriller and the good guys deliver a winning finale.†— Oakland Tribune

Accidents Waiting to Happen:
    Josh Michaels is worth more dead than alive. He just doesn't know it yet. He has no idea why someone would try to kill him, clearly that's exactly what happened. When an SUV forced Josh's car off the road and into a river, it might have been an accident. But when Josh looked up at the road, expecting to see the SUV's driver rushing to help him, all he saw was the driver watching him calmly...then giving him a "thumbs down" sign. That was merely the first attempt on Josh's life, all of them designed to look like accidents, and all of them very nearly fatal. With his time--and maybe his luck--running out and no one willing to believe him, Josh had better figure out who wants him dead and why...before it's too late.

How much are you worth and to whom?

“One of the most riveting first chapters I have read in some time. The pacing is spectacular and gets progressively faster as the reader nears the finale. An unqualified recommendation.â€
    — Deadly Pleasures Mystery Magazine

“An impressive debut.â€
    — Mystery Scene Magazine

I hope people will check the titles out. I think you'll like them.

6. MK

MK
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    My Wife is the Erotic Authoress Victoria Blisse, a Number of her books are now available on the iBookStore including all the books of her popular "Getting Together" series.

She writes erotic stories about Curvy "Real" women, with Humour, Honesty, Charm and the odd bit of British wit. She has even won an Award for her "Point Vamp" series and was featured on Five.TV's The Vanessa Show.

I'm biased but she does write some awesome stuff (it is for the Adult Audience though so 18+ only) so if you like your reading a little Raunchy, a little Racy and with Curves in all the right places then do check her out you won't be disappointed.

If anyone is willing to write a Review of one of her Books I can get her to gift copies to you, just PM me and let me know.

#116 MK, Mar 22, 2011
  7. rc

rc
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Triangulate Your Golf Swing

If your an average golfer that wants to improve your swing, take a look at my new book described below. You will need the Kindle app on your IPAD to read it. It is available at Amazon.com. Also, take a chance of winning a paperback version of the same (see bottom of post).

How many ways are there to swing a golf club? Golf magazine writers and TV commentators certainly don't have a shortage of golf swings to analyze. So, I suppose we will never know the answer. This all creates a certain amount of confusion for the average golfer who is trying to improve their swing. After years of frustrating golf and countless swing changes, I thought that there must be a simpler way to look at the golf swing. Rather than look at all the differences, I wondered instead if there was something that all good golfers do that the average golfer generally does not.

Anyone that is serious about golf certainly needs to learn the fundamentals, but what I was looking for had more to do with what I call "The Principles of Triangulation." Although inherent to all good golf swings, these principles are rarely given priority when it comes to golf analysis. I believe they are at the heart of every good golf swing and at the core of every good golf shot.

Inside your will find a thorough explanation of these principles along with illustrations and drills to help you apply them to your swing. Additional subjects include how to reduce tension, creating lag and how to start the downswing, the difference between a one-plane swing and a two-plane swing and why you should never change your natural way of swinging, and much more. Learning to apply traits that are common to all good players has made my game much more enjoyable and I sincerely hope they do the same for yours - Ron Celano

Book giveaway contest - I will be giving away 4 paperback books at the rate of 1 a month starting on May 15th and ending on August 15th. This contest is open to all except family members of the author. There is no obligation to buy anything. Go to your Facebook account and search for "Triangulate Your Golf Swing" then click on the "like" button to enter. If you don't have a Facebook account, you can get one for free at Facebook.com. I will notify the winners with a Facebook message and post the winners on the book page. Good Luck to all and be sure to tell your friends!

Attached Files:

8. Temp76

Temp76
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    My Secret Life: The Complete 11 Volumes [for iBooks]

Available now, exclusively in the iBookstore.

My Secret Life: The Complete 11 Volumes
    The complete eleven volumes of the infamous and epic 19th century classic in a newly prepared digital edition.

This is the first and currently the only complete version available in the iBookstore.
    To date, it's the only electronic version virtually free of OCR and transcription errors and without missing pages.
    It was [painstakingly] prepared specifically for iBooks, and is complete, with the exception of the original index (which will hopefully be made available soon).

Keep in mind, it's a dirty book. (there are actually quite a few of them in the iBookstore)

Wikipedia entry about the book and it's numerous incarnations:

[​IMG]

[iPad/iPhone/iPodTouch ONLY]

#118 Temp76, Mar 31, 2011
  9. jtls

jtls
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    "Daughter of New York Series" now free to read on iPad...

Hi Everyone,

"The Daughter of New York Series" can now be read free at
    donyseries dot com.

This is specifically designed for the iPad screen in size and
    resolution. In other words, it looks great, keeping the formatting
    of the original book.

Thanks all, have a wonderful day!

10. Sybelius

Sybelius
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Want to read a funny poignant novel?

The Messiah of Green Street tells the story of Sahil, born to Bangladeshi immigrants Karim and Anjana in the deprived melting pot of Upton Park, London. This strange-looking prodigal of a boy – who can allegedly speak Arabic and Hebrew from birth - is greeted as a miracle and ‘a child of the world’, but the superstitious adulation of his community slowly ebbs and sours as the realities of life as a disenfranchised and dispossessed second generation immigrant take over. The story of Sahil and his family, of their friends, relatives and neighbours is mordantly satirical, deeply poignant and very funny. As Sahil grows into adulthood and becomes more and more disillusioned with his lot, his reluctant attempts to connect with his roots, buried under the weight of slavery, colonialism and racial hatred, take him in unexpected directions on the way to his own particular truth.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003MVZMC0]Amazon.com: THE MESSIAH OF GREEN STREET eBook: Shuab Parvez: Kindle Store[/ame]