What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Severely limited iBookstore! Is this India specific?

OP
Ampress

Ampress

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Amitt said:
All our cards are international. Isn't it? Is it the address issue? Did it recognise that your cc is Indian?

Yes I think that is the case. Its the address linked with the card. They may also go by the ip address. Also when you register with apple store I think your location is registered.

A.K

iPF Novice
Reaction score
U know the basic reason is apple doesn't really care for Indian market ...so it's not available. Same case with iTunes which is bare bones.
No use in arguing here because the age old argument of local restrictions,government limitations,will pop up...
But the persons who put up that argument doesn't notice that every other rival platforms offer full functionality in the corresponding matter.i don't think we will get a better version of iBooks in India.better try kindle as they have a great collection

Amitt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think if we create a new id with US as country, it might work. The only issue is that ipad can only work with one Id. So your existing stuff might go away.

dayalanvenu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Amitt said:
I think if we create a new id with US as country, it might work. The only issue is that ipad can only work with one Id. So your existing stuff might go away.

This is what I am doing logging US store I'd

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions