What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

several apps couldn't be clicked

heylanceyy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Several apps couldn't be clicked at times, though it didn't really happen most of the time, and it doesnt really happen to all of my apps. Like, at some point, when i opened the app, i couldn't click a thing but it can be solved by just double tapping home and flickig it away. But sometimes it reoccur. I'm just wondering if its a hardware or a software problem? or the app itself? i wasnt able to monitor how much it occurs but im sure it doesn't happen all the time.. using ipad mini 3.

Btw, i'm referring to the actual app. The features in it, the buttons..which could not be clicked sometimes.. doesnt really happen much

Last edited:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, I assume you have an iPad Mini relative to the forum posted - you might want to provide the specific model and which iOS is installed.

But for starters if not already done, try to 'Reset' the iPad - hold down both ON-OFF & HOME buttons until the Apple logo appears, release both buttons and allow the device to reboot - none of your apps, data, or settings will be lost. Dave :)

OP
H

heylanceyy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I assume you have an iPad Mini relative to the forum posted - you might want to provide the specific model and which iOS is installed.

But for starters if not already done, try to 'Reset' the iPad - hold down both ON-OFF & HOME buttons until the Apple logo appears, release both buttons and allow the device to reboot - none of your apps, data, or settings will be lost. Dave :)
i'm running the latest ios and im using ipad mni 3.

OP
H

heylanceyy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you try a 'Reset', as suggested? Dave :)
i dis that, but like i said, it doesnt always occur..
i just wanna know if its a hardware or software problem.
How will i know if its hardware problem?

rasmith1959

iPF Novice
Reaction score
i dis that, but like i said, it doesnt always occur..
i just wanna know if its a hardware or software problem.
How will i know if its hardware problem?

The best way would be to take it to the nearest Apple Store. There they can run a diagnostic on it and tell you if it's a hardware or software related fault.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The diagnostic check is free but repair costs, if any, are your responsibility.

OP
H

heylanceyy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The best way would be to take it to the nearest Apple Store. There they can run a diagnostic on it and tell you if it's a hardware or software related fault.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
There is no genius bar in my country, sadly. Will the ordinary apple store do it?
I've been experiencing weird provlems lately. One is that..the one i've mentioned about not clickable thing on apps. Another is the unresponsive rotation(will take 1-2 seconds before rotating) which can be fixed by hard resetting, but will re occur somehow in a matter of few weeks..idk. Then there's thr laggy gestures which when i used the on screen home button from safari, it framedrops which doesn't happen to my grandma's ipad mini 1, running the same ios. Though laggy but it doesnt work that way.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There is no genius bar in my country, sadly. Will the ordinary apple store do it?
I've been experiencing weird provlems lately...............

Please tell us where you live - the 'genius bar' is part of a standard Apple store; of course, there may be 'authorized' Apple repair services in your locale - there are members here from most of the world and if we know your city/country, then possibly a member from the same area will have a suggestion?

Many recents posts have already stated that your iPad needs a professional evaluation - its warranty and potential cost to you is dependent on when purchased and whether you also have Apple Care - please provide specific details. Thanks - Dave :)

Most reactions

Latest posts