What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Settings Won't Open

Tampamike27

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I am a new member here but have had iPad 2 for over a year now,but just a few days ago I see that I cannot get into my setting. When I tap on the settings tab it starts to open but just kicks me back to the home screen. It is jail broken and on 6.1ios, I have tried powering off and restore in iTunes with no luck any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The odds are pretty good that you have a recently installed tweak that is affecting the way the iPad runs. Think back to when the Settings app was working properly - what did you install since then? It may not seem as if a tweak would affect operations, but stranger things have happened. I just heard about a spelling check tweak that prevented pictures from being sent via iMessage. So, yeah, misbehaving tweaks can do strange stuff. :)

So, to start, remove any tweaks you've installed since the problem began. If that fixed it, good.

If not, could you post a list of the tweaks you do have installed. Maybe we can help ID the culprit.

Marilyn

P.S. And, since you talk about a jail broken iPad, I've taken the liberty of moving your post over to the Hacking section. Thanks for your understanding.

OP
T

Tampamike27

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response only thing I have are a few apps from repo cydia and I was able to get into settings a week ago just deleted some apps and still no luck. Thanks

Most reactions

Latest posts