Setting wallpaper

Discussion in 'iPad Air Forum' started by TMWeddle, Feb 16, 2014.

1. TMWeddle

TMWeddle
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    When I try to set wallpaper from one of my photos I am presented with a choice to "Move and Scale" but when I try to scale the photo just bounces back to the way it was at first.. I must be missing something. TIA for your help!

Sent from my iPad using 

2. Mickey330

Mickey330
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, unfortunately, that's one of the limitations (goofs?) of Apple's iOS 7 and the setting of wallpaper on the iPad. In other words, it doesn't work well. One thing you can do is set "Reduce Motion" to ON (it's located in your Settings app, under General > Accessibility). But, it still doesn't help you set the wallpaper as you used to under iOS 6 and lower.

A lot of people have had success with the app "Wallpaper Fix" (link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/wallpaper-fix-rotate-scale/id765059392?mt=8). When used, the app, which is $.99 (USD) creates a black border around the picture. Then, when you go to apply it as a wallpaper, you are able to scroll and zoom. I've used it with success.

Maybe it'll help you?

Marilyn

3. TMWeddle

TMWeddle
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Thanks, I gave it a try - works pretty well. It seems odd that Apple hasn't caught this problem and fixed it. It obviously has been noticed by many since the is an app as a fix. Thanks, again, TMW

Sent from my iPad using 