1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Setting up gmail (exchange vs gmail) ?

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by Markdf, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Markdf

Markdf iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I'm puzzled as to what the difference is between setting up the native iOS mail app to use Exchange for my gmail account versus choosing the built-in Gmail account type. I'm interested in some of the new features that Google Sync released in the last day, but I assume I need to have my mail set up to go over the Exchange account type instead of Gmail (because all of Google's instructions reference using Exchange).

I currently have my mail set up through the Gmail account type, and my calendar and accounts set up through Exchange. Should I move my mail to Exchange also?

Is this just two ways of doing the exact thing? Or two ways to do slightly different things?

Thanks.