What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Setting/configuring auto correct?

KittyInTheFedora

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm wondering if there is a way that I can put in words that I don't think auto correct has in its dictionary (I am in the sciences, and it's really annoying when it changes alkanes to Alan's, as an example). Is there a way to give it words, or do I just have to suck it up and let it learn when I correct it?

Thanks!

Kitty :)

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The dictionary learns as you go, so if you type the same word several times and hit the X to allow a flagged word, it should stop auto-correcting it after a while. AFAIK, you can't add words directly.

You can work around by creating a keyboard shortcut for certain words, or creating a phony entry in your Contacts with a certain spelling.

I like keyboard shortcuts. Take any two characters that are unlikely to be used, for instance, and you can create a shortcut. So I have a bunch like aa, bb, etc.

Most reactions

Latest posts