1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Separating accounts

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by Peacelovedogsandipads, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Peacelovedogsandipads

Peacelovedogsandipads iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I could use some help!

I upgraded from my original iPad to the iPad 3. My husband is now using the older one.

I did a complete restore and set it up as a new device however he is receiving my messages on his iPad AND so am I. How can I separate our pads but keep our purchased items and library combined?

One other thing...when I did the set up on the iPad 3 I did switch over the cell data. I haven't signed him up yet.

Thanks in advance for all your assistance!! These boards are such a huge help!!,
  2. DefBref

DefBref iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +53 / 0
    Create separate icloud accounts for each device and use those for imessage, contacts, calendar etc. Keep your current account for itunes store purchases.

Using your Apple ID for Apple services
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Peacelovedogsandipads

Peacelovedogsandipads iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for you help! I have set up a separate iCloud account for my husband and will see how that goes!