What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sent email to MYSELF on iPad; shows in sent folder but never arrived.

Swataz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Greetings everyone.

A kind of strange, and seemingly anomalous occurrence happened with the iPad email program.

I sent myself an email last night using the "share" function of the browser, and while it shows in the "Sent" folder of the email program, the email never arrived.

Has anyone ever had this happen? Outside of my ISP blocking this email (no idea why they would), this email did not make it through. I have tried my Outlook client on my home laptop, the iPad itself, and webmail but this thing just never made it through.

It seems to me an issue with my ISP but I have never, ever experienced this.

Thanks for any insights you folks may have.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The only thing I can think is that you accidentally sent it to the wrong address. Did you double-check it?

Other than that, I've not heard of mail being sent yet not appearing. Guess its one to chalk up to mystery...

Marilyn

OP
S

Swataz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, Marilyn. Yes I did check it out. It was a pre-formed address for messages I send to myself occasionally, so it passes that test.

The great mysterious black hole called my ISP is probably the culprit, but I will see if anybody else pipes in with some anecdotal backing for such a thing.

Most reactions

Latest posts