What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sending multiple photos. Ohhhhhhh have mercy.

RapidFire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Newbie here to the forum, but a 3 or 4 year iPad vet. If that makes sense. Lol

I've been having an issue sending photos. Now I know you can go to your photo gallery on the IPad 2 and click a couple pictures then send them away, but my issue is trying to send 100+ photos at a time. (Business related. That's why it's a lot of photos)

The only way I know how to do this is to " insert photo " in to a new email message. This is very time consuming especially if I have to send well over 100 photos. Sometimes around 150 to 170 photos. I've tried using Dropbox and other ways, but the person is not very computer literate. The only way he claims he is able to receive photos is when I am able to insert a photo in to an e-mail message. Is there anyway to zip the files and just insert one file with all the pictures attached?

I've read several photo/email issues on this forum using the search function. I've also checked the first 10 pages of the iPad 2 forum to see if anyone had a similar issue. Nothing came up that could help. I'm very sorry for this long post.

Respectfully,
Ivan

OP
RapidFire

RapidFire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Newbie here to the forum, but a 3 or 4 year iPad vet. If that makes sense. Lol

I've been having an issue sending photos. Now I know you can go to your photo gallery on the IPad 2 and click a couple pictures then send them away, but my issue is trying to send 100+ photos at a time. (Business related. That's why it's a lot of photos)

The only way I know how to do this is to " insert photo " in to a new email message. This is very time consuming especially if I have to send well over 100 photos. Sometimes around 150 to 170 photos. I've tried using Dropbox and other ways, but the person is not very computer literate. The only way he claims he is able to receive photos is when I am able to insert a photo in to an e-mail message. Is there anyway to zip the files and just insert one file with all the pictures attached?

I've read several photo/email issues on this forum using the search function. I've also checked the first 10 pages of the iPad 2 forum to see if anyone had a similar issue. Nothing came up that could help. I'm very sorry for this long post.

Respectfully,
Ivan

When I take the pics using my camera I upload them to my laptop. I then upload them to photobucket. From photobucket I manually download them one at a time to my iPad. From my ipad I have to insert one photo at a time. That's the only way I know how I can send multiple photos. Most email providers set a limit like 25megs. :-( all the photos from my last email was around 478megs.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I can't think of any quick way of doing this. From "Camera Roll" you are limited to 5 images per email. You can add more using the mail app, but for you it's a tedious process.

In this case, I'd bail, add the photos to iPhoto on my Mac and send them from there. I honestly don't think the iPad is the ideal tool for what you are trying to accomplish.

OP
RapidFire

RapidFire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. I don't have a Mac. Anyway to do this from windows?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes. Use Windows Explorer to download the photographs. Explorer will see your iPad as a camera. Right click on it, (from memory) Properties and select download images.

Not too sure of the exact procedure, but it is definitely in that context menu.

OP
RapidFire

RapidFire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes. Use Windows Explorer to download the photographs. Explorer will see your iPad as a camera. Right click on it, (from memory) Properties and select download images.

Not too sure of the exact procedure, but it is definitely in that context menu.

Just to make sure we are on the same page....

I take the pics with a regular camera. A sony iirc. I connect the camera to my laptop. I upload them to my windows laptop. After that I upload them to photobucket. Then I download every pic to the iPad. Individually which is a pain. After I download them to my ipad I hook up the iPad to my laptop(iTunes) and upload them to iTunes?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like we are not on the same page. I don't understand why the iPad has a use here. It would be far easier to email them using Outlook than the toy email client supplied with the iPad.

Do you have a specific reason for wishing to email from the iPad when the photographs are already on the laptop?

OP
RapidFire

RapidFire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looks like we are not on the same page. I don't understand why the iPad has a use here. It would be far easier to email them using Outlook than the toy email client supplied with the iPad.

Do you have a specific reason for wishing to email from the iPad when the photographs are already on the laptop?

The only reason the iPad is being used because it's the only way I know how to send tons of pictures. On my laptop when I zip the files and try using yahoo or other email providers they set a limit to like 25megs per email. Which would require me to send tons of emails with files. The combined size of my last email was almost 500megs. With the ipad I can insert all the pics and send them in one email.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
OK. I still don't see any way of doing this that is not horribly labor intensive.

Over to the forum, I guess, and see if anyone can think of anything.

Maybe iOS 8 will allow selection and sending of whole photo albums. That would sort things out for you.

OP
RapidFire

RapidFire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What about uploading the files to something like megaupload, and simply emailing a link?
I did it through Dropbox aand the guy said he doesn't know how to use that service. I also uploaded them to photobucket. Photobucket allows you to download the album. Real simple process, but this guy is too computer illiterate. :-(.

With outlook you say I can sent a zip file that big?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know. That's a huge file size. I suppose it depends more on your email provider than the software. As you point out, most email providers cap the size of attachments.

Interesting that these people still exist who can hardly turn on a computer, but I guess they do.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My 2 cents worth sorry to say. What you are trying to do is labor intensive and really controlled by your ISP not the device. If some one can open an email then they should be able to open photo bucket and view the photos with out issue Kevin is right about email provider (ISP ) The other factor is the performance of the computer you are sending Picts to opening that number of Picts in an email would be painfully slow. Photo bucket is the sensible approach

caq

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Aren't there sites where you can upload photos and then people can be invited in to see them? Couldn't you set up something on one of those photo service providers for your business and the people you are emailing them to can just log in and get them? You can just send an email out to everyone without the photos and provide the link and explanation of what they are going to be seeing. I don't understand the need for the iPad for this.

My daughter did this with her wedding photos. Opened an account and put her wedding photos that attendees took and gave her there so we all could see. We were even able to download those we wanted. Not sure what website that was.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm going to try to convince you to give Dropbox another try. Even if the guy is acing issues, sending the file by Dropbox is as simple as sending one link. Here's what I'd do:

(1) Get all the photos you want this person do see into one folder in your Dropbox account. You can do this on your Windows computer - especially if you have your PC linked to Dropbox; then it's just an issue of dragging/dropping on the PC.

(2) Once all the photos are in that one folder in Dropbox, make a link to that Dropbox folder.

(3) Paste that link into the e-mail to the person. Ask them to click on the link

Dropbox will take over from there. The link will open that person's browser of choice and the person will automatically see all the pictures in that folder. The person can click on a picture to see a larger version (and be able to scroll through the pictures like a slideshow

Also, within Dropbox's website, the person can choose to download all the pictures (in a .zip file) or one-by-one.

Here's "proof of concept" (I used the Dropbox app to e-mail a folder link to myself, Microsoft Office on my PC to open the e-mail and click on the link, which then opened my default browser (Chrome):

(A) My Outlook on the PC with the e-mailed link:

8eqy5uge.jpg

(B) Initial view after clicking the link:

ha9ezuby.jpg

(C) After clicking on one picture:

ysesevyz.jpg

This way, he will be able to see every picture you've put in the folder at one go. Maybe it'll help...

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts