What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sending messages in imessage

Phillips9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After having typed a message in imessage we are unable to Send. Freque nt pressing of the send button has no effect. The button stays unlit.

Please help

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Do you both have iMessage? If one of the devices isn't set up, it wont work.

Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

Chays

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to ipf,

If you are on iOS 5 and you are talking about iMessage, look here at this thread. http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-apps...ave the time of your life. Regards, ~Chays~

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Make sure you are typing your message in the text field and not the subject field. To avoid confusion you can turn off the the Subject field in Settings > Messenger.

Kasynd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok not really savvy iPad user but how do you use iMessage. When I chose contact I get a exclamation next to name. Please help.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Messanger on the iPad only works over wi-fi and with other iOS devices. The other person must also have set it up, either with their email for the iPad/iPod or their phone number for the iPhone.

If Messenger has a problem delivering the message, for whatever reason, you get the exclamation point.

Kasynd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Messanger on the iPad only works over wi-fi and with other iOS devices. The other person must also have set it up, either with their email for the iPad/iPod or their phone number for the iPhone.

If Messenger has a problem delivering the message, for whatever reason, you get the exclamation point.

Got it........thanks for your patience for non techies like me.

OP
P

Phillips9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Make sure you are typing your message in the text field and not the subject field. To avoid confusion you can turn off the the Subject field in Settings > Messenger.

Thank you friend...that was the problem.

harva10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I my gosh thank you so much! Half the time I could send the other half not. Spent a LOng time on the phone. No help. I was ready to send it in after their dug guested troiubleshooting failed. And out of warranty. Duh I was still n the subject field

Heads up last year I had a problem with my iPhone. Sent for a new one and before it arrived I figured it out. Just like in this case it was a simple issue and something tech should have known.

GMOTHER

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When trying to use iMessage on my ipad2 the send button is grey, and I'm unable to send a message.
How do I correct this problem?

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
GMOTHER said:
When trying to use iMessage on my ipad2 the send button is grey, and I'm unable to send a message.
How do I correct this problem?

Did you try Twerppoet's suggestions as provided in this thread?

Most reactions

Latest posts