What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sending app to a friend (from the itunes store)

OP
peacebaby21

peacebaby21

iPF Noob
Reaction score
robogobo said:
I had the same problem. Go to the Mail app on the iPad. Once you open Mail app, they should be sent. Otherwise, in any case, the emails should be in your outbox of the account you're using. Definitely a bug.

The wish list is a good idea, but careful! because it links to a purchase, not a rental.

robogobo, Have tried your suggestion many times! First of all, it sounds too easy and too good to be true. Secondly, it doesn't work!

MadChef

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just tried the method of reminding yourself about an app,tell a friend, and it worked fine for me.
I got the e mail whoosh as you described and it was immediately in my mail box. I use gmail.

The Alternative

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thealternativeone.blogspot.com
peacebaby21 said:
The Alternative

I'm not sure I totally understand what you mean by the dropdown arrow of the app. Could you clarify this for me? Thanks in advance!

Next to the price of any item in iTunes is a small downward facing arrow. Click on the arrow and you will see a number of choices that you can do with the app, album, movie, etc. One of the choices is "Add to Wish List" If you click on this the item will be saved in your "Wish List" in iTunes. To access your Wish List click on the downward facing arrow next to your user name or e-mail (upper right hand corner) and click on Wish List to be taken to your personal Wish List. Any item you've previously tagged is now stored there. My wish list currently has about 85 items. I won't purchase all of them but things I find interesting are now saved so I don't have to worry about trying to find them later.

OP
peacebaby21

peacebaby21

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MadChef said:
I just tried the method of reminding yourself about an app,tell a friend, and it worked fine for me.
I got the e mail whoosh as you described and it was immediately in my mail box. I use gmail.

That's what my iPad used to do when I got it in January of this year. It seems like it stopped doing that around the time I did my first sync!  

OP
peacebaby21

peacebaby21

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Alternative said:
Next to the price of any item in iTunes is a small downward facing arrow. Click on the arrow and you will see a number of choices that you can do with the app, album, movie, etc. One of the choices is "Add to Wish List" If you click on this the item will be saved in your "Wish List" in iTunes. To access your Wish List click on the downward facing arrow next to your user name or e-mail (upper right hand corner) and click on Wish List to be taken to your personal Wish List. Any item you've previously tagged is now stored there. My wish list currently has about 85 items. I won't purchase all of them but things I find interesting are now saved so I don't have to worry about trying to find them later.

I'm not sure if you're talking about purchasing via iTunes or the App Store. The way I purchase my apps is to click on the blue button that says App Store and do it that way or use the app shopper as someone so nicely suggested earlier. I just tried it through iTunes and it didn't seem very easy nor very possible. I'm still not sure what you mean about the arrow in your first sentence!

SunnyChopper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check it out! This app is amazing! I just got it and it was sooooo fun! Really addicting game!

App Name - Swag Ball

Most reactions

Latest posts