What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Send emails

Joa66Dea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you configuring them correctly?

example: if my email is [email protected] the pop and smtp servers must be set accordingly.

pop: pop-server.florida.rr.com
smtp: smtp-server.florida.rr.com

replace the florida part with what ever yours should be.

Configured just like Roadrunner says to configure them. Same as the Outlook EMail account is configured.

The outgoing (SMTP) mail server address is:
smtp-server.stny.rr.com
The incoming (POP3) mail server address is:
pop-server.stny.rr.com

The incoming port is 110 and the outgoing port is 25.

Bill

Last edited:

kjfswkr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone ever notice how the original posted asked a question and then you never hear from them again!!

kevin

hvaughan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad and Comcast

Rick, are you using iPad Mail? Try using the Safari browser and logging into Comcast's email Smart Zone program.

Rick-WW3DE

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've used the iPad and iPod mail utility without problem in the past and use it here at home with my WLAN. On the other hand, I've had multiple "issues" using the Comcast SmartZone Web program with my iPad, and I cannot use it at all with my iPod. Just for starters, I've found that it's impossible to compose a message in SmartZone if I've selected formatted text for my outgoing e-mail. It will only work with plain text. I'm not very happy with Comcast anyway.

PvtMatter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipad not able to enter email address correctly

My email is setup correctly and working. However, to log in to Amazon one must enter his email address. Whenever I attempt to enter my address, after the @, I get Wind Stream, not windstream. Why is my ipad seperating windstream? Any suggestions on how to correct?

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score

missm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We have a wireless connection, can send email just fine through the smtp cox but cannot seem to receive any of our email. The tech said to set it up as pop. yada-yada, however we get the little sign that says the connection to the server failed. Any input would be greatly appreciated :)

Most reactions

Latest posts