What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Send email problem

Rodney72

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Prepared an email to send as I have done many times before, this time when I pressed send the spinning circle beside the iPad signature kept spinning and there was no whistle sound indicating it had been sent. So I assumed my wifi connection had been lost, so I shut down my ipad [slide to power off] so my ipad would reboot the wifi connection when it turned on again which it did, but my prepared email to be sent was gone. What happened and how can I prevent this from happening again ??

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Tap the Mailboxes button at the top left of the email list. If you see an Outbox (will only be there if there is a pending email), you can go into it and retrieve your non-sent email.

It also might be in the Draft folder, waiting for you to try and resend it. To see the draft folder, again tap the MailBox button, then go down to your account (instead of the Inboxs at the top) and choose it. You should then see all the standard email folders; Trash, Sent, Draft, etc.

If it isn't in the Sent, Draft, or Outbox, then it's probably gone for good.

Most reactions

Latest posts