What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Selective syncing

Mossi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Could someone explain to me (in little bitty baby language) how to select what I need to sync with iTunes ? It would save lots of time in the LONG syncing process.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you plug your iPad into your computer and start iTunes, select your iPad under Devices on the left side of the screen. When you do this, you will see several tabs across the top of the screen. When you click on each one, there will be options for you to select what you want to include when you sync.

itunes37.jpg

With apps, just check the ones you want to sync. As long as you don't delete your apps from iTunes on your computer, you can always go back and sync them to your iPad any time you want.

itunes10.jpg

Last edited:
OP
M

Mossi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I've done that twice and the apps don't go away. Do I have to take them out of the folders? When I started the process, everything was checked. I UNCHECKED everything I wanted to delete from the iPad. After the sync, the were still there.q. What have I done wrong?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have never deleted an app that was in a folder so this could be the reason. You might also try re-booting your iPad by holding down the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo appears on the screen. Keep holding the buttons down even after you see the Slide to Power Off notice.

Most reactions