What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Selecting text

jimwilkins

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have some problems with text selection. Sometimes I can't select at all no matter how long I press down, other times it selects text for me. What am I not doing?

Thanks

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It all rather depends on where you are trying to select text to copy. For example, in the Safari web browsing app, you will come across some web pages that will not let you copy anything from them. I don't know why - it's a coding thing built into the web site by the site owner. But, it's not you or the iPad in this case, it's the web site.

So, what app are you using that is not letting you copy text? Then, we can see if it occurs on our devices (if we have the same app).

Marilyn

OP
J

jimwilkins

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Notably safari. I would rather have a problem I can control. :)

OP
J

jimwilkins

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oops, didn't' answer question. Some recipe sites.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Again, if it's Safari, it's the web site - not the iPad. Maybe you can zoom in on what you want to copy and take a screenshot of it? But, if the web site owner doesn't want you to copy - then you can't. Sorry.

Marilyn

OP
J

jimwilkins

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fortunately, I can accomplish what I need to do on my macpro. I sure didn't understand that website coding could make a difference. I think that's what happens on the homegrown sites.

Thanks for the info.

Jim

OP
J

jimwilkins

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So how is it that I can copy/ paste with macpro?

Most reactions