What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Seeing" an actual Picasa www Page?

kippyw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK, When I post up some photos onto a forum, or even onto email that are in a Picasa slide show.... Sometimes I'd really just like to see and review the slide show just like the rest of the world will see it instead of every time I click on the link being re-directed to GET THE APP!!! I have the app! This also happens with youtube links. It forces me to go over from the couch to the desk and fire up a windows pc and actually see what the rest of the world experiences with my links. The links I place into text are changed without my wishing, and I'm sent away from my intended photo album. Grrrrrr

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can use a third party app like Atomic Browser. This browser will let you change the browser iD to mimic a desktop browser (fooling the site into thinking you are using IE, or desktop Safari, etc.)

Hold in mind the site may not work. Some sites redirect you to their app or a mobile version of the site because they use technology that is not compatible with mobile browsers. The only way to tell is to try.

OP
K

kippyw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Weird, I was just wondering if there was sometimes something special in the URL, because on occasion I am directed to the actual Picasa album page, and other times to "get the app" page.
Thanks, will try the browser idea. So tired of walking across the living room to the PC :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Some sites that tell you that they have an app (or know you have it and suggest you use it) will give you the page, after you've dismissed the banner a couple times. It's a bit unpredictable in my experience. Evernote.com has started to do the app banner thing lately. It is just as well, since the site is not fully functional on the iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts