What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

See the 13-Inch 'iPad Pro' Running OS X [Concept Video]

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score

A few days ago, we were sharing with you an interesting report from a reputed analyst who was saying that Apple will launch only a single iPad version this year - the upgraded iPad Air. According to him, Apple will be busy this year working on the operating system for the iWatch and with the work on the upcoming 12.9 inch iPad Pro.

However, many are pretty skeptical and don’t think Apple will ever launch such a product on the market. But Italian consulting company SET Solution thinks otherwise and has released a new iPad Pro concept, showing a 13-inch tablet with a thin side bezel, running OS X with easy integration of a wireless keyboard and mouse.

Apple’s OS X and iOS have begun to share a common sense of design principles which has created speculation with regards to a potential product that would combine these two. However, recently, Apple executives Phil Schiller and Craig Federighi said that this would be a "waste of energy" and they said that Apple is focused on building the best products for unique purposes.

What’s your own take on this? Would you buy a product like the one depicted in the video or you agree with what Apple’s executives have said?

Source: FunkySpaceMonkey

Last edited by a moderator:

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Looks like a MacBook. Nice!!

Sent from my Black Verizon 32GB iPhone 4 using Tap

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm not buying it. Oh, what I mean is I don't believe this product will ever exist, at least not from Apple. Think about the complexity in a product that is a tablet, with a touch screen, but with an OS like OS X. High resolution display, with elements designed for it, but not designed for touch. So, why make that a tablet? It's the anti-thesis of a tablet. it is needs a keyboard and mouse, then make it a laptop. Putting a high res display in a tablet form factor but making it need a keyboard and mouse is what Microsoft did with Surface [That's why the Metro part of Win8 exists]. Nuts. Apple would be displaying some very "confused" thinking if they did this. And SJ would roll over. Gosh, if this did happen it would be a sign of terrible things to come!

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm not buying it. Oh, what I mean is I don't believe this product will ever exist, at least not from Apple. Think about the complexity in a product that is a tablet, with a touch screen, but with an OS like OS X. High resolution display, with elements designed for it, but not designed for touch. So, why make that a tablet? It's the anti-thesis of a tablet. it is needs a keyboard and mouse, then make it a laptop. Putting a high res display in a tablet form factor but making it need a keyboard and mouse is what Microsoft did with Surface [That's why the Metro part of Win8 exists]. Nuts. Apple would be displaying some very "confused" thinking if they did this. And SJ would roll over. Gosh, if this did happen it would be a sign of terrible things to come!

Agreed. Touch screen display versus a desktop display. Different animals requiring different support systems.

Most reactions

Latest posts