What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Security code

coolredmudball

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why do I have to reveal my 'security code' from my credit card for a free app? Isn't this my last resort against credit card fraud? This, i think is new - it wasn't like this 6months ago.

Dave

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Why do I have to reveal my 'security code' from my credit card for a free app? Isn't this my last resort against credit card fraud? This, i think is new - it wasn't like this 6months ago.

Dave

You have to do it this way because Apple says so...its their mechanism for purchasing apps, whether they cost $0.0 or $2.99. Your CC is stored in Apple's cloud some place and is not the same as the password for your account. Someone steal your CC from Apple's servers without knowing your code. Since you didn't save your code up there, you have another level of protection and you should be happy abou that.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts