What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Secret to searcing iCloud files from an iPad app?

dsuden

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anybody know how to find specific files stored in iCloud, when using an iPad? For example, I have a LOT of Numbers files, and when I open Numbers on iPad, the list is displayed as a giant list of big blocky icons with abbreviated filenames. That makes finding a file to work on it almost impossible. I have to be missing something, right? What's the secret? On the Mac, you can Spotlight for files in iCloud. There MUST be something similar for the iPad?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I don't know of any way to search for the flies.

If you have not done so, I recommend making some folders and organizing the files. Go into Edit mode, then drag one file on top of the other, then keep dragging files on top of the folder that is created.

You may also want to consider standardizing your file naming to control sorting and make sure they can be easily distinguished in the first dozen or so characters. The natural tendency is to tag something unique on the end of a file. You may want to reverse (or embed early) the unique part of the file name.

Sorry not to have a better solution for you.

Most reactions

Latest posts