What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Second Motorola Xoom Super Bowl Ad Teaser Pokes Fun at Apple Users

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Xoom = $800 + required service + dealing with android and motorola....from a droid user I assure you that is a very bad thing!....iPad = $530 for comparible model no startup fee and it comes from apple who actually updates their software and makes sure you're not going to download apps that try to steal your bank details.

Choices choices...

Except that the comparable model of the iPad is closer to $730, this is a pretty good list of the iPad's advantages. Does't mean the Xoom doesn't have it's advantages too. Just a matter of what is important to each person.

I'll stick to my iPad for now, though I can see some of the appeal of what Xoom promises. I'll wait to see how much of that promise is delivered, and what the iPad 2 promises, and delivers, before I buy again. After all, my current device is less than a year old. A little patience won't hurt. . . very badly.

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Comparable yes, but like in my case, 16 GB fits the bill, where there is no 16 GB option in Xoom I gather. So big deal to those who don't need 32 GB space allocated to spend extra $$$$. But sure-there is still appeal to it-no question. But my investment in iOS apps is pretty big. I gave up using all my Palm ones from my Treo, and had to build from scratch. (well, first waited a year and had none).

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Comparable yes, but like in my case, 16 GB fits the bill, where there is no 16 GB option in Xoom I gather. So big deal to those who don't need 32 GB space allocated to spend extra $$$$. But sure-there is still appeal to it-no question. But my investment in iOS apps is pretty big. I gave up using all my Palm ones from my Treo, and had to build from scratch. (well, first waited a year and had none).

Yeah, that's my problem as well. I am positive there will be devices coming out that are technically superior to the iPad but I just have too many apps and my comfort level in dealing with what I have is pretty high these days, Sometimes I almost feel dirty for having sold out so easily ...

qnet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.network-creations.net
I'll probably get one but, still may keep my Ipad. If I had got a Ipad with more capacity the decision would be harder. I like Android but, also like IOS. I never get stuck to just one manufacture and like to try different things.

This new tablet really looks nice and from watching the videos, it looks like Android has improved in a big way with honeycomb. The interface is much smoother.

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DaveSt said:
Yeah, that's my problem as well. I am positive there will be devices coming out that are technically superior to the iPad but I just have too many apps and my comfort level in dealing with what I have is pretty high these days, Sometimes I almost feel dirty for having sold out so easily ...

LOL. Perhaps some will have higher capabilities, but funny how I can always about find an app to take care of that. I am definitely a gadget/tech interested person. I like iPad because it does what I want without having to fuss. I don't need to hack and the like. (I have dabbled some with customizations on other platforms, Linux, had a Treo that crashed a lot until I finally fixed whatever software conflict my dabbling had done, etc. I liked that Treo the best until iPhone took over) But I am sticking with iOS now. I have no compelling reason not to on a tablet form factor.

Most reactions