What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Second Hand Owner Questions

MadMellian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all

I recently bought a perviously owned ipad 2 for my son which came with alot of games that he enjoys,
and to tell you the truth, me as well ... lol

My questions are - If I change the Apple ID that is on it to my sons will I lose those games and anything else ?
- And also he would like to sync his ipad to his ipod touch so what are the ramafications there ?

Thanks in advance for any insights !:eek:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
MadMellian said:
Hi all

I recently bought a perviously owned ipad 2 for my son which came with alot of games that he enjoys,

My questions are - If I change the Apple ID that is on it to my sons will I lose those games and anything else ?
- And also he would like to sync his ipad to his ipod touch so what are the ramafications there ?

The games on the iPad belong to the previous owner of the iPad, not to you or your son. The right thing to do would be to erase all content and settings and set up the iPad with your son's ID. He can then download the games he enjoys under his own Apple ID.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not only that, unless the previous owner gave you all of his/her ID info, your future use of the device will be limited. The right thing to do is wipe the device and setup new apple IDs and passwords.

Last edited:

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
MadMellian said:
Hi all

Hello,

The posted replies to your question are correct. The device must be wiped in order for it to be yours and fully enjoyed.

This is a link to a "How-To" video that walks you through the proper and safe steps to take, to wipe your iPad and then register it as your own or your son's.

http://cnettv.cnet.com/erase-restore-ipad/9742-1_53-50089805.html

In your case, the described "nuclear" option is the one you should follow.

AA

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts