What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Second hand Apple iPAD - MODEL A1432

LOREN252627

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
my big sister bought a second hand APPLE ipad for me for school and I had to restore and undated. It went to the hello screen, but it seems there is an apple id that i had to put in. The original owner, we cant get access to her. She bought this online. is their any hope?

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Regretfully, unless you have the (previous owner's) unlock password you will not be able to use that iPad even if you were to contact Apple.
Sorry to hear of your situation.
Andrew

Sent from my iPad Air2 using Tapatalk

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If it was bought through eBay, you could get a refund by opening an item not as described dispute within 45 days of the end of the listing. If PayPal was used to pay for the iPad, you have a similar recourse. PayPal will refund your purchase price, then go after the seller. They normally require you to return the item with proof of delivery before issuing the refund.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If the iPad was locked into the previous owners ID, then it should not have been possible to restore it in the first place. You would have needed the owner's Apple ID to do the restore. At least that's been my experience.

That being the case, I wonder if you are mistaking the request for an Apple ID and/or iCloud account as mandatory. They are not. You should have a Skip option that will let you continue to set up the iPad without an Apple ID. More importantly there should be an option to create a new Apple ID and/or iCloud account. If you don't have one already, then that's what you should do.

If the iPad is rejecting your current account username and ID, that may be another issue entirely.

Anyway, if none of my guesses are correct, more details might help.

Or I could be wrong and it is possible to get to that Hello screen on an activation locked iPad. But I've got no idea how.

Most reactions

Latest posts