What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Searching library in iBooks

meddyliol

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have loads of books in iBooks which I have transferred to the iPad. On iBooks on my Macbook I can easily find a book that I want to read because everything can be organised into Collections, Authors etc. Once they have been transferred to the iPad the facility isn't the same. I am having great difficulty in trying to find a book. There is no search facility (none that I can find anyway). Is it possible to search within iBooks? Is there another book reader that might be better? I like it on the Macbook but not on the iPad.

Thanks

Brian

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have loads of books in iBooks which I have transferred to the iPad. On iBooks on my Macbook I can easily find a book that I want to read because everything can be organised into Collections, Authors etc. Once they have been transferred to the iPad the facility isn't the same. I am having great difficulty in trying to find a book. There is no search facility (none that I can find anyway). Is it possible to search within iBooks? Is there another book reader that might be better? I like it on the Macbook but not on the iPad.

Thanks

Brian
When you're in iBooks on an iPad, pull the screen down and the search function will be revealed above your books collection. It's similar to the way you pull down on the home screen to search. You can also tap the Select button at the top right of the iBooks screen, tap a book, then tap the Move button at the top left of the screen to reveal more categorization options.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Any collections created in iBooks on the MacBook should be available on the iPad. Make sure you've got Sync Collections turned on in Settings > iBooks on the iPad, and check 'Sync bookmarks, highlights, and collections tons across devices' in General Preferences in the Mac's iBooks app.

It might take a while to kick in, or you can sync with iTunes (after double checking the Books sync tab) to speed things along.

You move between collection on the iPad by tapping All Books at the top center an choosing the collection. They can then be sorted by Bookshelf, Titles, Authors, or Categories.

The built in All Books collection uses a Most Recent short in place of the Bookshelf. The main difference is that Bookshelf can be manually re-arrainged.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436123189.990064.jpg

Most reactions