What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Searching contacts

Ghostrock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a way to search more than just the name field in the Contacts app? I sometimes need to search for a partial phone number or for info in the notes field. Thanks!

Zekexz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you found a solution to this? I dont know why the search feature is different than that of the iPhone. In any case I found an app that mitigates our problem, it's called super search. It's an iPhone app nut it does all the partial searches even keywords in the notes of the contact. Besides this app I don't know any other way, I'm surprised this isn't an issue with people

NestorChavez

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Zekexz said:
Have you found a solution to this? I dont know why the search feature is different than that of the iPhone. In any case I found an app that mitigates our problem, it's called super search. It's an iPhone app nut it does all the partial searches even keywords in the notes of the contact. Besides this app I don't know any other way, I'm surprised this isn't an issue with people

I found another free app to solve this problem, it's called Contact by #. I installed and tested and it's works fine and you can create partial searches like numbers, characters,etc.

Most reactions

Latest posts