Search field in the App Store

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by Tadd Jenkins, Dec 4, 2014.

1. Tadd Jenkins

Tadd Jenkins
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I typed some letters in the search field in the App Store, and for some reason my iPad stored them, how do I clear that so it doesn't keep coming up when I open the app?

2. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Have you tried tapping the grey X at the right side of the search box? That should get rid of those letters.

3. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    If tapping this
    image.jpg
    doesn't help, reset your device: press and hold Home and Power button simultaneously until the Apple logo appears. Let go of both, the iPad will power up on it's own.

That works when you searched in the Featured tab.

4. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    I have the same issue with the Purchased tab in the App Store. If there is a magic combination of resets, signing in/out, or even disabling the store, I have yet to find it.

Anyway, I've been living with it even before iOS 8. Other than an extra tap to clear it and a gross violation of my sense esthetics, it has caused no harm.

5. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    It's the same with the Updates tab. I still haven't found out how to get rid of it there. Most of the time, I ignore it.