1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Search directs me to App Store!

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by Missmouse3, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Missmouse3

Missmouse3 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Often if I type something into google, I get directed to App Store! is there a way to stop this & to get to the place I was hoping to get to? such as the answer to my querie!
  2. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +441 / 0
    I use Google a lot daily and that never happens to me. If you mean that you're being offered apps by a lot of websites after finding them via a Google search, they're being offered to you by the individual websites, not Google. And that's coded into many websites because they want to promote their apps. You can't do anything about that other than declining the app, which is an option every time such a popup appears.
  3. Missmouse3

Missmouse3 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    But how do I decline the app other than to close down google & make a new search?
  4. AQ_OC

AQ_OC Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +430 / 0
    If you look at the link before clicking on it, you very often can tell that it is going to the app store. Pass over that link in favor of another. Searches sometimes lead one to an app store, depending on the search. It pays to take the time to understand where a link is taking you.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Roy Rob

Roy Rob iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +140 / 0
    You don't have to shut down Google, just do a multi finger swipe to the left and you will go back to your Google search.
  6. Mickey330

Mickey330 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,663 / 0
    See if this picture will help explain the iTunes link:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356898364.043567.jpg

As long as you are on a device that can access the App Store, clicking one of those iTunes links will send you there. It's annoying, but once you get the hang of IDing them, you'll stop clicking them by accident. Not always though - even when I know better, they still get me every now and then...:)

Hope this helps.

Marilyn