What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search directs me to App Store!

Missmouse3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Often if I type something into google, I get directed to App Store! is there a way to stop this & to get to the place I was hoping to get to? such as the answer to my querie!

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Google a lot daily and that never happens to me. If you mean that you're being offered apps by a lot of websites after finding them via a Google search, they're being offered to you by the individual websites, not Google. And that's coded into many websites because they want to promote their apps. You can't do anything about that other than declining the app, which is an option every time such a popup appears.

OP
M

Missmouse3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
But how do I decline the app other than to close down google & make a new search?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you look at the link before clicking on it, you very often can tell that it is going to the app store. Pass over that link in favor of another. Searches sometimes lead one to an app store, depending on the search. It pays to take the time to understand where a link is taking you.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
See if this picture will help explain the iTunes link:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356898364.043567.jpg

As long as you are on a device that can access the App Store, clicking one of those iTunes links will send you there. It's annoying, but once you get the hang of IDing them, you'll stop clicking them by accident. Not always though - even when I know better, they still get me every now and then...:)

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

Most reactions