What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search delete ?

Marynotsteve

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On my iPad I use google search. Across the top on the screen it lists all my recent searches. I want to be able to delete searches. I have done the history delete but this does not clear the recent searches at the top on my iPad screen. How do you delete a web page right away ?

gresh14

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Marynotsteve said:
On my iPad I use google search. Across the top on the screen it lists all my recent searches. I want to be able to delete searches. I have done the history delete but this does not clear the recent searches at the top on my iPad screen. How do you delete a web page right away ?

Not sure if this is what you want but if you go into setting click on safari you will see options to delet cookies, history ect

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Each screen page will have a heading and you should see an X next to this on the left, just press the X to delete.

image-221683458.jpg

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Marynotsteve said:
thanks, but there is no x there on my screen........

Does your screen look like mine, I have 2 other tabs, neither has an X visible as they are not the tab which is open on screen. Press on a tab and the X should become visible.

Could you post a photo of your screen? Just press the power and home button at the same time and this will take a photo of your screen and save it to your camera roll. It is much easier to post a photo when on the app, when replying to a post you will see the advanced tab, top right, this will load with options, press from photos and your camera roll will load, select photo and it will load. Once loaded, press on the uploaded line, and then Insert Inline. Then press send, top right.

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Are you talking about the google search bar at the top right of safari? If so the clear history should work. It works for me when I do it. Go to the settings app, safari tab, and select "clear history" I'm testing this now myself.

EDIT: clearing the history should work. Just searched 3 things in the Google search bar at the top of safari. Closed safari, opened it, and w my 3 searches saved. Went to the settings app and cleared the history. Went back to safari, and the searches were no longer there.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts