What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seamless - Picks up where you left off

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've found a new iPad/iPod app called "Seamless" a pretty handy 99 cent investment (Free for the Mac app). As their website says...
Seamless lets you transition music, podcasts, or audiobooks between your Mac and iPhone (or iPod touch) in a single tap — without dropping a beat.

So whatever you're listening to on one device, say your Mac, can be picked up where you left off on another, say your iPad. (Providing of course that you have the same material on each device).

Seamless from Five Details

I listen to quite a few audiobooks on my iPhone's iPod in the car and sometimes I end up sitting in the driveway for five minutes to finish an edge-of-the-seat chapter or whatever. (Wife thinks I'm crazy) Now I can just turn off my iPhone and go inside and listen to the rest of it on my Mac. Nice. I tried it and it seems to work as advertised. (Wife still thinks I'm crazy, but that's another story ;) )

Unfortunately the app doesn't allow for transitions between iOS devices (iPhone to iPad for example) just between an iOS device and a Mac (and back). I've emailed their support department asking if/when that option will be available. I'll post back when I get an answer. Still...it's impressive.

I don't have any stock in the company (if they have stock) but I thought I'd pass the info along for others that might be interested.

Last edited:
OP
R

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I asked the developers of Seamless if they were planning on updating their app to be able to transition directly between iOS devices (such as iPhone to iPad). They responded within hours (which is pretty amazing IMHO). Here's what they had to say...

Hi Rich,

Thanks! I really appreciate the feedback.

As for iOS device to iOS device: it's not currently planned, but that really depends on user-feedback. I'm also a bit leery because it'd require an additional step compared to Seamless with the Mac –– because you'd have to launch *two* apps to perform the transition.

Time will tell, though!

Cheers,
Brian

I assured him that I thought that Apple folks were savvy enough to understand that they'd need to have the app running on both devices for it to work. Hopefully enough people will ask for it to convince them that it would be worthwhile.

Here's their contact email:

[email protected]

Most reactions